• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Overeater progress made!

MarieRose

MarieRose

I was diagnosed overeater eating disorder last March 2020.My eating was out of control I was eating sugary cakes,biscuits,chocolate,ice creme,and burgers fish n chips and junk foods.Also I am type 2 diabetic so my sugars were high and out of control.

Since December last year I cut out sugar from my diet and have been controlling what I eat and how much counting calories and I am starting to lose inches off of my waist so that is good.I've lost 4 inches so far and hopefully the scales will show a loss soon.

My blood sugar levels have come down quite a bit so overall I am pleased with my progress.
I have a couple of books on eating disorders and how to overcome and my sister girfted me with a Fitbit watch over xmas which has helped me a lot to control calories intake,I can see how many calories I eat and how many I burn every day it's massively helped me it also records any exercise I do and how many hours I sleep and the quality of my sleep.

I watched marise Peer's youtube videos on overeating and that helped a lot too.
Overall this is positive so whatever else is getting me down and depressed,like lockdown is,I can focus on my weight loss and control over overeating and feel good.I am obese so I do have a lot of weight to lose.I am looking at it as a Marathon though not a sprint.:peace:

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

I was diagnosed overeater eating disorder last March 2020.My eating was out of control I was eating sugary cakes,biscuits,chocolate,ice creme,and burgers fish n chips and junk foods.
sugar is the worst
second worst is processed carbs
third worst is processed fats

all 3 of those exist in most junk foods like cakes.

fibre and vegetables and proteins and healthy omega fats are the best. those things will all fill you up alot and dont create body fat nearly as easily.

sugar raises dopamine which becomes addictive. this addiction can simulate hunger into controlling you into eating more in order to get more dopamine. so you will feel hungry when your not. you will crave food even when your not really hungry. this is dangerous.

if you can cut junk food out the brain will re-calibrate and those cravings should go away. if you get an urge to binge then binge out on carrots and your brain will start to let go of food once its no longer getting that dopamine fix

jajingna

jajingna

Cutting sugar is the way to go. A bit hard at first. I did keto for a few months. Was worried about insulin resistance. It is nice losing weight. Just trying to eat real food, not processed stuff. I don't even eat bread or cereal anymore. Still have some potato or rice but try to stay low carb.

MarieRose

MarieRose

Yeah, I'm managing to stay off the sugar Jajingna and low carb also very important to get blood sugars down. I have been eating average 2000 cals a day but it's winter and feel I need it. But to lose weight I need to get it down a little more. Having said that I burn about 2600 cals a day so still a 500 cal burn more than I eat but scales not showing a massive loss. But I am 4 inches smaller around the waist and hips so some good results. Just have to stick to it but now I stopped eating sugar I stopped craving it. When I was eating sugar foods I'd eat 3000 to 4000 cals a day easily. So I made progress.

JessisMe

JessisMe

I was diagnosed overeater eating disorder last March 2020.My eating was out of control I was eating sugary cakes,biscuits,chocolate,ice creme,and burgers fish n chips and junk foods.Also I am type 2 diabetic so my sugars were high and out of control.

Since December last year I cut out sugar from my diet and have been controlling what I eat and how much counting calories and I am starting to lose inches off of my waist so that is good.I've lost 4 inches so far and hopefully the scales will show a loss soon.

My blood sugar levels have come down quite a bit so overall I am pleased with my progress.
I have a couple of books on eating disorders and how to overcome and my sister girfted me with a Fitbit watch over xmas which has helped me a lot to control calories intake,I can see how many calories I eat and how many I burn every day it's massively helped me it also records any exercise I do and how many hours I sleep and the quality of my sleep.

I watched marise Peer's youtube videos on overeating and that helped a lot too.
Overall this is positive so whatever else is getting me down and depressed,like lockdown is,I can focus on my weight loss and control over overeating and feel good.I am obese so I do have a lot of weight to lose.I am looking at it as a Marathon though not a sprint.:peace:
Congratulations! xo, j

B

Becs

Well done on your progress :) I struggle massively with overeating and its a lot worse in winter as I have seasonal affective disorder too, so i'm down a lot when its cold and dark.

I might look up the youtube videos you mentioned - Do they deal with emotional eating at all?

MarieRose

MarieRose

You might find something on emotional eating by Marisa Peer,I am not sure.It is hard though and you have my sympathy,and it can be scary when your eating is out of control and you keep gaining weight.Something that helps me a lot this year is the fitbit watch my sister bought me for xmas,I put in how many calories I eat a day and it tell me how many calories I burn a day so I can be more careful not to overeat and I can more easily diet it monitors your daily steps and exercise too.It costs £74.Its called Fitbit Inspire 2.

zula77

zula77

Well done that's awesome, keep at it. Fitbit is great but don't get hung up on numbers, just concentrate on going out for daily walks and gradually increasing the distance - it's great exercise plus you feel accomplished once you get home!

M

megs1811

This is really nice to hear because I struggle so much with sugar. Anytime I think im doing good and then I have sugar I gain all my weight back.

MarieRose

MarieRose

Its a struggle megs I know but it can be done,every time now that I resist temptation I feel good and pleased with myself.It can be so addictive sugar and really hard to resist.

A

Alexbell5358

Its a struggle megs I know but it can be done,every time now that I resist temptation I feel good and pleased with myself.It can be so addictive sugar and really hard to resist.
I really struggle with eating three meals a day. I try and eat when I’m hungry but this doesn’t always go as planned. I’ll eat a little bit and then give up. I’m not sure how to make myself eat enough food.

MarieRose

MarieRose

Alexbell I know it's hard.Try make a rule to cook a meal three times a day and sit at the table and eat at least three quarters of it no matter how long it takes don't give up even if you're sitting there an hour and a half,small mouthfuls and maybe each time you do this you might find it easier to eat more.Think about how ill you will get not eating and how you are saving your self from serious health issues.