Overdose

J

JulietEC

Hi - yesterday I took an overdose. I rang GP and a friend took me to appointment. She was nice about it and changed my Meds but we could carry on like this forever without me getting better. She said she'd ring the Crisis team (if I want her to?!) and CMHT I have recently been "under" I slept for most of the day.

Still obviously feeling bad and not heard from anyone. Is that because they want me to look stupid or what. Or is it different when you are already under cmht and will I be "for it" tomorrow when they catch up with the message from the GP.

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
i think they have a lot of people to see, i dont think they want you to feel stupid, hopefully they will ring you tomorrow.

Grape

Grape

Ive heard of people never getting that call. I think if you need help you should ring them tomorrow or get someone to do it for you.

I feel for you. Ive been there. Im dealing with all of the memories of it years on. Its very traumatic to go through it. Look after yourself ok. Ask for help before you od not after x it is there.

J

JulietEC

And then they'll say "What do you think I can do for you"

calypso

calypso

Admin
I had to see 6 GPs before someone actually helped me. Keep going back again and again. If you don't, they think you are OK and move on. Just push it.

V

volnash

I had to see 6 GPs before someone actually helped me. Keep going back again and again. If you don't, they think you are OK and move on. Just push it.
Also, try to tell them that you actually overdosed and if they wont take you seriously, you will report them to the commision if you have that in the UK, i did that when i attempted to kill myself with taking on everything and everyone, they told me you can handle yourself cant you, and you're pretty smart so you wont get into a situation where things escalate im sure you can pull out in time.

The commision sent them a letter, and things quickly got fixed they put me on strong sedatives which i needed at the time, and anxiety relieving medication which knocked me out and gave me the first quality sleep in months, not trying to hijack a thread here, just sharing to help Juliet.

To Juliet you have to put hard against hard if they dont believe you, however dont lash out as this can lead to some serious consequences, you can raise your voice but not too much and dont destroy anything in the office, even if you're feeling down.

Also im sorry to hear this, i hope you are now on better thoughts Juliet.

U

utter madness

GPS r total hopeless don't think they much care about mh either all u can do is keep pressing them for help

J

JulietEC

MH team never received any message so I think GP is pretty negligent. I will have Care co-ordinator or whatever they are contact me on Monday. Best if I'd kept quiet I think. Just anxious now.

coldwater00

coldwater00

Hi - yesterday I took an overdose. I rang GP and a friend took me to appointment. She was nice about it and changed my Meds but we could carry on like this forever without me getting better. She said she'd ring the Crisis team (if I want her to?!) and CMHT I have recently been "under" I slept for most of the day.

Still obviously feeling bad and not heard from anyone. Is that because they want me to look stupid or what. Or is it different when you are already under cmht and will I be "for it" tomorrow when they catch up with the message from the GP.
She sounds very uncaring and patronising. Are you ok after the overdose?

J

JulietEC

Hi - I actually felt a lot better after taking it all and slept really well for hours. Feeling nervous now as need to see GP's for kidney infection tomorrow - maybe tell them how awful it all is and was. Need to sort Flu jab too. Just think I'm going no where. I think if it was someone else they'd get better and proper care. I think its because they want me gone as they know my prognosis is so poor.

J

JulietEC

Got the Antibiotics so will feel better physically by tomorrow hopefully at least. Don't know how I've got through the past week. Just exisiting really. GP last week never contacted Crisis team and totally mishandled and mis documented the Consultation.

Grape

Grape

Its very bad we cannot rely on medical professionals. We have to look after ourselves usually.

Im glad you are feeling a bit better.

Take care x

J

JulietEC

Gp never rang CT. Cancelled Psychiatrist yesterday to go to Job Interview! CPN was not impressed. Don't think I got job or am well enough to work really just increased my anxiety. Don't feel like getting up. Just enduring each hour again . Next thing to look forward to is Lunchtime Music Concert on Monday. How on earth will I get through the weekend - its awful and I am going nowhere in life. Psych says I am more likely to have another episode and I know I am getting worse each year and I am young. Please help.

M

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I'm sorry that your GP didn't ring CT hun. Can you try to get another appointment with the Psychiatrist?

I don't think it is fair though that the Psych said that you are more likely to have another episode, it's like they are putting you under pressure to have one.

You are going somewhere in life it's just that sometimes it's hard to see the somewhere. It's there but you just can't see it. If you wanna talk here over the weekend do talk.

Marliee x

J

JulietEC

Just all seems pointless and completely hopeless. Spoke to a fab Samaritan at 4am. My anxiety is awful and I don't seem to get much pleasure out of life. Have enjoyed looking at Christmas stuff.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
im glad the samaritans helped and im glad you enjoyed looking at the christmas stuff xx there is a point and its not hopeless i promise xxxxxxxxxxxxx