• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Overdose

T

Thebelljar

I overdosed last night. What’s going to happen if I don’t go to the hospital. I want to die but I’m so scared of any kind of pain

Passionflower

Passionflower

Please got to the hospital as soon as possible. Your liver will fail and you will die. There is no nice way of putting it so get to the hospital please!

ht46

ht46

I overdosed last night. What’s going to happen if I don’t go to the hospital. I want to die but I’m so scared of any kind of pain
pleaser go to emergency now it is incredibly painful due to liver failure go

bpd2020

bpd2020

Hello Thebelljar. It would be very helpful to go the hospital. You will need to be checked out to see if the overdose is toxic. You do not have anything to worry about. They will understand and help you.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
From what you have reported in your post it is important to get immediate medical attention for your own safety. Please call 999 if you are in the UK or your local emergency number if you are elsewhere and request emergency medical assistance.

Please tell a friend, a family member or someone from an organisation like the Samaritans about the issues you are experiencing. If you are in the UK or ROI the Samaritans can be called for free on 116 123.

Our web page on getting help may also be useful to you. Here is a link to it Mental Health Forum - Getting Help

Here is a link to an article on Suicidal Crisis written by one of the Admin team which you may find helpful Suicidal Crisis

Please do seek help as soon as possible.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
It’s extremely urgent that you seek medical help even if you think you are ok. Paracetamol is extremely damaging to the liver. You may feel fine now but the damage can take weeks if not months to show up. Please get some help or at least phone the emergency helpline for advice on what to do

N

Nukelavee

What everybody else said. the next day or so is incredibly dangerous for you, that kind of OD can utterly destroy your liver, and damage most of your organs.

PLEASE! go to the hospital.

bpd2020

bpd2020

Hello, I hope you were able to go to the hospital. Please can you let us know how you are. We are thinking of you.