• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Overcoming Depression

T

Tokyodreamer

Anybody who has defeated depression? Tips & advice.

jajingna

jajingna

Currently I am dealing with it and have been for the past year. It's hard to defeat. You just gotta try to take care of yourself as you would when healthy even though depression can make that harder to do. If you have someone to talk with or spend time with, that helps too. I get out for a walk every day, try to get enough rest, been napping every day, and eat good food. Not sure what else I can do. I take Setraline too. Guess it helps.

Welcome to the forum.

M

Mistral

I used to suffer from clinical or major depression. I have largely recovered from it, but sometimes I have some low periods of depression even today. Activity helps. Taking things in small steps helps. Keeping to a routine helps. Reading a lot about depression from different perspectives can help, but in doing so I think you have to bear in mind that no two accounts of depression are ever the same.

T

Tokyodreamer

Currently I am dealing with it and have been for the past year. It's hard to defeat. You just gotta try to take care of yourself as you would when healthy even though depression can make that harder to do. If you have someone to talk with or spend time with, that helps too. I get out for a walk every day, try to get enough rest, been napping every day, and eat good food. Not sure what else I can do. I take Setraline too. Guess it helps.

Welcome to the forum.
Thank you so much for your advice Minstral. Just recently, I have been doing all those that you mentioned and I must say that those really worked for me. You are so right that's really hard to defeat depression. Gladly, some meditation techniques helped me a lot.

T

Tokyodreamer

I used to suffer from clinical or major depression. I have largely recovered from it, but sometimes I have some low periods of depression even today. Activity helps. Taking things in small steps helps. Keeping to a routine helps. Reading a lot about depression from different perspectives can help, but in doing so I think you have to bear in mind that no two accounts of depression are ever the same.
Thanks a lot. I agree, taking things in small steps really helps. Wish you all the best!