• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Over weight and now feeling greedy and guilty!

G

george81

Hey everyone, I hope you had a nice Christmas and new year and are staying safe. I’ve been restricting for nearly 2 years now and over Christmas I did allow myself to relax and ate way more than I normally would to stop causing any questioning from my dad and now I’m feeling guilty and greedy, I’m struggling to lose the extra weight I put on. Also struggling to be as strict as I was pre Christmas, giving into the impulses surrounding lots of snacks and free food on offer at work particularly. Guilt is strong! ☹

K

karl7

are you seeing a therapist concerning your eating disorder....therapy can help

G

george81

Hello all and thank you for your replies, no I’m not seeing anyone nor been to see a doctor since my eating problem went a bit mad. Am trying very much to get back to pre Christmas weight. Still being accused of being an ‘attention seeker’ for keeping a strict calorie intake. I need to have some control in my life and this is it. Also feel then need to punish myself. Stay safe all x

OCDguy

OCDguy

We probably should communicate more with our Doctors, especially if we are struggling with something... Sometimes punishing ourselves, makes us feel low, then we look for a fix to pick us up again. Removing the guilt, but exercising control could be one way forward, another might be to find another way to make ourselves feel better. Possibly no easy task... Hope this helps :)

Z

zula77

Completely relate. It always happens at Christmas time and is so hard to deal with afterwards especially with all the residual chocolates and treats lying around. I find focussing on things unrelated to food and ourselves helpful, like a course, or really good book, or art/scrapbooking. But it's an ongoing battle

T

Tiredtotry

I feel you, I've been dealing with the same guilt. I'm not in a position to give you any suggestions but all I can say is stay strong, we'll be okay.

G

george81

Thank you so much for your replies. Feeling like a total fat botch at the moment, greedy and out of control. Not sure why I’m struggling so much at the moment but need to get back to pre Christmas weight. Guilt is a strong feeling