over thinking food

N

naynay

Hi I’m new to this. I suffer pretty badly with depression and anxiety and have done for about 10 years. 6 months ago my relationship broke down and my anxiety has been at an all time high since. At the beginning my anxiety would make me feel sick and so I wouldn’t feel hungry, then I started to lose weight. Since then I have lost almost 3 stone. My relationship with food is getting worse and worse tonthe point where most days I have no desire to eat at all, I just drink black coffee all day. When the desire to eat does appear, I will literally sit and think of anything I can to make me not want to eat it. It’s started with just meat but now I can eat spaghetti and start thinking about worms or something stupid like that and then I can’t bare to eat it. I know that something is not right with me and I need to seek help, I’m just unsure if Its just my anxiety or if I may have developed an eating disorder. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

naynay, Hi there and Welcome to the Forum. I had a girlfriend who stopped eating properly when a friend of hers died. This lasted a whole year. Then she was fine again.

If you get help it may not have to last so long.

N

naynay

Hi poopy doll, thank you for replying! I have experienced something similar A few years ago where I became obsessed with my weight so I hope your right, although I didn’t have this weird relationship with food. I have booked to see my GP tomorrow, I guess Iv just been putting it off because I don’t really want to stop losing weight as much as I know it’s an issue

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

Be careful they don't load you up on pills. They love to hand out pills like candy.

A counselor to talk to might be a good choice. When I got divorced I had no one to talk to and I really took an emotional nose dive when I got divorced.

N

naynay

I think counselling is definitely something I’m going to consider, although I have support this seems to be something I can’t openly talk about. People used to say ‘well done you look so good’ at the beginning but now the compliments are becoming concerns and I’m so embarrassed. I felt so good being in control of my weight at the beginning but now I seem to have lost control of the control I’m feeling like I can’t even get that right