Over thinking about food

N

naynay

Hi I’m new to this. I don’t have OCD that I’m aware of, but I am experiencing some strange symptoms that I’m concerned may be OCD or ED related. I suffer pretty badly with depression and anxiety and have done for about 10 years. 6 months ago my relationship broke down and my anxiety has been at an all time high since. At the beginning my anxiety would make me feel sick and so I wouldn’t feel hungry, then I started to lose weight. Since then I have lost almost 3 stone. My relationship with food is getting worse and worse tonthe point where most days I have no desire to eat at all, I just drink black coffee all day. When the desire to eat does appear, I will literally sit and think of anything I can to make me not want to eat it. It’s started with just meat, I’d think about the animal, the texture or eating raw meat, the smell.but now I can eat spaghetti and start thinking about worms or something stupid like that or even veg,
Imagine if I didn’t wash it properly and now there’s mud in my dinner?! and then I can’t bare to eat it. I think I may have originally done this internationally to make myself not eat but now I can’t seem to control it. I know that something is not right with me and I need to seek help, I’m just unsure if Its just my anxiety or if I may have developed some other disorder. Has anyone had a similar experience?

H

hongli

I'm sorry to hear that :/ , it is definitely really difficult to get out of a habit once it has formed...

Have you tried finding good things about the food to think about? Like the nutrition, the deliciousness, the love that it might reflect (if someone made it for you or you made it for someone)?

N

naynay

I have tried thinking good stuff about food, I used to be a huge food fanatic! But the problem is once that gross thought is in my head even trying to eat it makes me gag :( if someone else makes it for me I start to think what if it’s under cooked? What if they didn’t wash their hands first and now those germs are in the food? :(

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6