• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Over the Top amounts of Music Tracks in head, without Headphones on/Medication?

N

natalie

Hi Folks/Hi All,

i noticed a another post thread similar to mine, now for some time, aside of the fact I'll listen to music so to speak, on a full time basis, I don't/can't work, and sometimes I have too much, across the week, in between whiles music lurking, about in my head, without listening to cd player, and I had wondered, and I felt I would put a call out, to find out, this; is there such a medication similar to voices, to help surpress the over the top amounts of music, in head without the player on?

True also, I do also listen to music whilst volunteering, though due to the lockdown, that has dried up.

Any med and has to be compatible, as I can't swallow pills, for me.

The Abilify works for voices, is there something which can help to control the music, in head, I will be finding out from GP in due course, just to get his take on it.

In fact he suggested music, to me, it's when I am out and about, non headphones wearing and the music too much of, start to filter through, in my head.

Have a good day all,

Best regards all,

Natalie,

London, UK.

N

natalie

Hi Folks/Hi All,

I have resigned, to the fact, owing to the dramatic shock occurred on Friday, I am not too worried, regarding my over the top excess amounts of music in my heads.

Have a good evening all,

Best regards.

N

natalie

Hi Folks/Hi All,

I'm very well now, I had some heard voices earlier on this afternoon. And distractions of loudness, people visiting in my road other houses, well, families, or couples residing in my road.

I have remembered, i would have music in my head, without headphones, when i am out, because it helps, to keep a) the acute symptons of paranoia, down, and also heard voices, down, plus oh yes, anxieties as well, ah, even though, I am on Pregabalin 75ml for that.

As I have always always vouched, that Music is the best preferred medicine, and either or along with medication. Keeps me out of cmht , community mental health team, for sure.

Have a good evening all, I'll do a report, all being well, about 10.15.

Best regards all,

Natalie.