• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

over eating

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

yup i had problems with bulimia but now problems with over eating oh man! i guess its healthier than purging who knows, im obese now anyhow, i guess this over eating is one pleasure im getting from life

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
i think it is healthier probably. sorry to hear you are struggling with this now though. :hug:

nonotme

nonotme

i guess this over eating is one pleasure im getting from life
same here, I have to see my GP about my weight has its ballooned past the [moderated] mark............ I just eat to make me feel better. cake is my worse fault. everyday I eat lots of processed cake. I have massive man boobs and look dreadful. always been a big chap even as a child but its got silly now I can only walk a few meters then I am out of breath... can't do stairs etc.

I have to start a diet, I just don't know how.

Last edited by a moderator:
RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

hugsssssssssssss to everyone :hug5::hug5::hug5::hug5:

thank you for your responses

much love to all

katya

katya

I really struggle with overeating too. I've got into a habit of eating and ignoring my body's signals.

I agree with stevewilliams - try to eat until you're nearly full, then stop. That way, your food will "settle" and you'll feel full a short while after eating. If you feel full WHILE you're eating, your food will then "settle" even after you've stopped and this makes you feel more full - uncomfortably full.

The slender populaces of the world practise this - people like the Japanese and the Spanish (I think). They always leave a bit on their plate.

Easier said than done, though.

katya

katya

same here, I have to see my GP about my weight has its ballooned past the [moderated] mark............ I just eat to make me feel better. cake is my worse fault. everyday I eat lots of processed cake. I have massive man boobs and look dreadful. always been a big chap even as a child but its got silly now I can only walk a few meters then I am out of breath... can't do stairs etc.

I have to start a diet, I just don't know how.
Aw man, I'm sorry to hear you're struggling like that. Please take pleasure in knowing that, as soon as you start a diet and exercise regime and stick to it, the weight will fucking drop off you. It'll come off really quickly because you're big at the moment.

I've lost weight myself and I went from eating rubbish all the time to a fairly decent diet... Not that I maintain it all the time, but still.

I started by calorie counting. It can be an arduous process, so I wouldn't recommend it. I'd just work out how many calories you want to give for each meal, snacks, etc., then try to stick to that. Then you can find foods that fit that calorie intake. It doesn't have to add up exactly. Who cares? But as long as you're sticking to it, then the weight will drop off you.

catkin

catkin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I binge eat, and overeat, it started as a means to numb self over 20 years ago, seeking solace in food.
I think anyone who is obese due to an eating disorder is told to diet or to just stop eating isn't being heard or understood. Support services are sorely lacking.
Am sorry so many struggle xx

Crystalized

Crystalized

I overeat too, though I wouldn't call it binge eating disorder but compared to my usual way of eating and the amount I eat, that's binge eating to me. I just stuff myself with unhealthy food even though I feel so full. It's my other form of self-torture/self-harm. Feeling so empty inside.

I think everyone needs an outlet - some smoke, some drink, some self harm, some are addicted to exercise, some are workaholic. It's hard to find a balance huh? :unsure:

:hug1: