Over-eating/Obesity Peer or PM Support?

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Does anybody else here struggle with compulsive or emotional over-eating and obesity?

I'd really like to try and get some kind of network going here on the forum, ideally giving and receiving support.
It wouldn't be focused on weight loss per se, more supporting one another in the process of untangling the food/emotion connection.

Not quite sure how it would work. Maybe just having this thread as a place to go to, or if anybody is up for it, a sort of private messaging buddy system.

Just got back from an appointment with the nurse today and i'm absolutely shocked at my weight, and i'm finding it difficult to process.
The idea of confronting all of the emotional baggage that has lead me to become this obese - alone - is a bit scary. I can't be the only one?

T

Twokiwisandabanana

Hi no your not the only one I am plus sized too
At the moment im making veg soups and filling up in that and the. Just having my one meal in the day
What can help is eating a small amount every three hours then your never hungry it helps boost your metabolism.your not alone sending a :hug1:

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
me too ,i was weighed when i had my lithium blood test last week
i was so ashamed at the weight i had put on
have been eating loads since my sister has been with me

im not bulimic but sometimes i am sick after i binge
would be happy to support each other
very good idea
love Lu x

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

What can help is eating a small amount every three hours then your never hungry it helps boost your metabolism.
This is something that i'm hearing a lot, and i'm going to give it a try.

My pattern is to not eat anything all day, then from 7pm i'll have my main meal and eat junk for the rest of the night. :unsure:

I think it's good to be able to identify our 'binge foods', Lu.
That way we know what we can avoid or find healthier alternatives to.
I'm more of a sweet person. I eat doughnuts or cakes, chocolate and sometimes crisps too.

My goal for the next few weeks is to try and eat more regularly, and find some healthier snack ideas.

mami5

mami5

Think this is an excellent idea, I'm terribly obese, been trying to lose weight for the past year but it is so hard when I turn to chocolates for comfort all the time! I am now trying my best to cut down and eat more fruit instead but it just doesn't taste the same somehow. Why do the nice things have to be so bad for us? :low:

I'm willing to support anyone however I can. :)

T

Twokiwisandabanana

This isn't slimming world no need to be weighed in public LU lol!
I hate the idea of that.
Some friends of mine lost weight doing slimming world but when I asked them what they were eating it looking totally UNHEALTHYnto ME.
last night binged on Almonds and raisins
Ok so I cNt have nuts in the house anymore lol

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Are there any particular foods that you know are a weakness for you?
Just wondering it there are any alternatives you can have?

The other thing i'm trying at the moment is to try and half my usual intake of 'junk'.
For me, I can't cut everything all out together in one go, because I know it's just going to make me feel crap emotionally and if anything, it'll make me want to eat more.

Sending hugs your way. :hug1:

T

Twokiwisandabanana

My problem isn't binging on junk so much as
I like really big portions of my food.
When my mum comes round she always asks for a small portion and it's ALWAYS to big.
So one time I gave her a tablespoon of rice and a teaspoon of curry:mrgreen:

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
so i have been on a diet since 05 march ,i don't know if i have lost any weight
im not buying any scales i am going to get the nurse to weigh me every 3 months when i have my lithium blood test
i really hope i have lost weight because i have been trying hard x

Parayana

Parayana

so i have been on a diet since 05 march ,i don't know if i have lost any weight
im not buying any scales i am going to get the nurse to weigh me every 3 months when i have my lithium blood test
i really hope i have lost weight because i have been trying hard x
Hey Lu, curvy girls can be attractive to! Seriously, though I've lost most of the weight I put on when I was on atypicals and I hope you get your weight down if it bothers you :).

T

TheHatter

Hi, i also have become obese again. the reasons being i go back on meds which calm me down so i plod around the House most days because im tired, then i get bored and have visit to the kitchen, then another.. and another and so on. Its not so much sweets but the total amout of kcals in the day and not moving that puts the Wright on.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

bought some scales
will weigh myself every week
have ruined my diet and used Easter as the excuse x
I know you don't need me to tell you this, but make sure you stick to weighing in once a week at the very most.
It can be very easy to do it more often and in the past, i've fallen into this trap and become obsessed. It didn't do me any good at all!

Also, remember that women can be between half a pound and ten pounds heavier around their period.

Go easy on yourself too, most people have some treats on Easter. :hug:

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
so saturday i start my new diet

fruit for breakfast

low fat cheese and crispbread for lunch

raw vegetables for tea and cereal
need to lose it all by aug/oct

anniversary of mummy's death/her birthday x