• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Outing yourself as a service user

icetsunami

icetsunami

Founding Member
Just wondered if anyone has done this? Obviously there are times when it cant be helped but I refer to situations where you actively out yourself. I was thinking about discrimination in the workplace and general public perceptions and it got me thinking. Just an open conversation, any observations welcome. :)

J

jamesdean

I'm quite out mh most of the time because I dont really feel shame though there are times when I know its best to say nothing and theres times when I should of said something n not kept quiet because of fear, though I really exposed my self at wmhd on the pmhg stall and I guess I hadnt thought it through properly, though it did cause me agreat deal of anquish.Sometimes you think the world has moved on but it hasnt at all and there is stigma much like being gay you think that the worlds moved on but its like a time warp sometimes.:D

I feel negativity sometimes it dosent have to be spelt out all the time

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Remember my last job, i was callled in for a second medical so i told my co worker i was schitzoprenic, i took 2 days off to decorate my flat afterwards, when i came back it was all round the office and my co worker had gone off sick and was applying for redeployment on stress grounds.

I lost the job i ended up ostracised with them all talking behind my back, they'd call that feeling paranoia and say i was ill

icetsunami

icetsunami

Founding Member
I lost the job i ended up ostracised with them all talking behind my back, they'd call that feeling paranoia and say i was ill
I find that utterly disgraceful but sadly its almost not a surprise. People are never prejudiced if you ask, watch them though and the truth can surprise.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tamziie93 Other 1