• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Out the blue....

B

Baz

Well here's the thing, i've not really had any anxious periods since December time, now today, out of nowhere, it's just hit in and it's made me feel emotional and panicky too!

Now i'm presuming this is down to my lack of sleep last night (I tossed and turned most the night, just couldn't get comfy) so hopefully a good night's sleep tonight will make things better for tomorrow.

Just really after a little bit of distraction now i'm finally able to concentrate on the computer for long enough to write this, until this anxious state eases enough for me to let it pass naturally.

So anyone for just random ramblings or got their own tips on how to deal with these out the blue occurances

L

Lady Summer Isles

Well here's the thing, i've not really had any anxious periods since December time, now today, out of nowhere, it's just hit in and it's made me feel emotional and panicky too!

Now i'm presuming this is down to my lack of sleep last night (I tossed and turned most the night, just couldn't get comfy) so hopefully a good night's sleep tonight will make things better for tomorrow.

Just really after a little bit of distraction now i'm finally able to concentrate on the computer for long enough to write this, until this anxious state eases enough for me to let it pass naturally.

So anyone for just random ramblings or got their own tips on how to deal with these out the blue occurances
Sorry you're having a bad day. Def doesn't help when you've not had good sleep. I'm panicking about helicopters at the moment and Iffybobs made me laugh telling me to think of them as big dumpy birds. Messaging hubby at work too and have just put headphones on to block the noise of them out.

What sort of things do you generally do to help with the panic?

Hugs
Lady T:hug:

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
It just sneaks up on you doesn't it. It probably is lack of sleep thats causing it, hopefully you'll get a good sleep tonight and feel better tomorrow.

B

Baz

Too right, just sat minding my own business watching some tv then bam lol, it's funny looking back at it now i've calmed down a bit but it's still really annoying when it just hits you out of nowhere.

Roll on a good nights sleep, though I refuse to change my sleep habit now it's been regular for a while.

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
I've not slept at all the last 3 nights and for 2 weeks before that I had 2 hours sleep a night. My anxiety is sky high and my shoulders are killing me and I feel like I'm having a heart attack!! Though my cpn did tell me that no-one has ever died through lack of sleep!! I don't believe that for a minute!!:LOL:

B

Baz

Ahh don't you just love tension in the body, though I can ease that myself, will give myself 10 mins shortly to have a relax.

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
I'm not even going to ask how you relieve it!!:eek:

2hoot39

I too feel like that i was wide awake at 2:15am worrying and feeling anxious about the smallest of things and all day now i have felt the same!

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Damn my dirty mind!!:redface::LOL:

B

Baz

Indeedy, I thought I was bad but you know.

Thanks for the distractions though, i'm pretty much back to normal now.

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Thats good, wish I was!! The breathing exercises just make me worse, I feel like I get more worked up trying to concentrate on breathing!! I'm a hopeless case!!

B

Baz

Aww you poor thing, guess i'm a lucky one finding something that worked for me so quickly, but then again my lovely partner does try to drum it in me that if I put my mind to things I can do it no problem, sometimes its easier said than done.

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
It really does help to have a supportive partner, my hubby is always on hand to give me a nice shoulder rub when things are bad even if hes tired himself, I don't know where I'd be without him - dead or in the hospital probably!! Or in the gutter!!

B

Baz

Yeah mine is always more than willing to kick my butt when i'm a little bleh with it all, but touch wood this is just a one off.