• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Out of mind/out of body

R

robbie2499

I had a horrific experience the other day. I asked my adult son (he's 30 but always my baby) to pickup my sister. My sister died in 2011. I don't know what brought it on but it wasn't the first time something like this has happened. I always thought when one loses his mental capacity he/she would not know it. Yet i do.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I think we are always aware when we are unwell. I had an episode of depression where i was in a different state of mind, i knew it was strange what i was hearing, i was confused by it all and so i think people sometimes do know when they have psychosis or other incorrect beliefs and thoughts.

Are you unwell at the moment?

R

robbie2499

I think we are always aware when we are unwell. I had an episode of depression where i was in a different state of mind, i knew it was strange what i was hearing, i was confused by it all and so i think people sometimes do know when they have psychosis or other incorrect beliefs and thoughts.

Are you unwell at the moment?

R

robbie2499

Hi Tawny, No I am perfectly lucid today and since that day. It comes and goes ie: I don't know where I am even at home or in the car driving (I don't drive, my husband does) in my hometown. Thank you for responding!

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Sorry this is happening to you, have you been to see a dr or psychiatrist?
They can assess you best and offer help.
Hugs