• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

out of hospital - PIP

Da Cuckoo

Da Cuckoo

Spent nearly 3 weeks in hospital. Lost my job too.
I'm on;
300mg quietiapine
375mg preglabalan
150mg venlafaxine
7.5mg zopiclone

Pdoc was treating me for depression and paranoid delusions with auditory and visual hallucinations.

I asked for his diagnosis and he said it was 'open' for the time being. I've been referred to a psychologist. My Pdoc said I wasn't typical of voice hearing whereas I wasn't distracted stayed coherent and explained fluidly what was happening. He said this was due to me having them for so long without true psychosis {up until now} and adopting certain distraction techniques.

I'm considering applying for PIP because I also have osteoarthritis..

Do I need a diagnosis from my Pdoc to apply?

I also have GAD and social anxiety and don't leave the house alone.

Unique1

Unique1

So sorry to hear you have been in hospital, and lost your job.

In respect of PIP , providing letters from the professionals as a back up definitly helps, the more they say about how your illness affects/restricts you in your every day life the better. I would also get any professional you can to help with the form (anyone who is still involved in your care) and have someone with you at any assessment.

I hope things improve for you and wish you well with your claim for PIP. Get all the support you can to assist you.
X

U

UMPALUMPA

Good to hear your out of Hospital, some Psychiatrists want to be sure before commit a diagnosis and it can take time.

Of course you could apply for PIP, it is suppose to be assessed on how you and your difficulties affect you day to day.

A Diagnosis does not describe everything, and often Diagnosis's are wrong.

Good Luck :hug:

hang in their x

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Services 2