• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Our Cat Is Dying

N

NoOne5

It should be me. Not my kitty! I failed the poor sweetheart. She was never even allowed to have her own litter of kittens. Her kittens got aborted when she was about to get fixed. Ever since then, the beautiful kitty has never been the same. She never got to be the mother she wanted so badly. She is such a precious sweetheart. She's literally never even hurt a fly. Honestly. She doesn't have it in her to hurt others. I'm wishing I could trade my life for hers. I wish I could somehow give her my ability to have her have her own kittens. I don't want children. We made an appointment to have her put down peacefully tomorrow. We told her it's been a pleasure, honor, and blessing to have her in our lives. My sister has been doing everything she could think to make her passing go easy. We both cried about this. We are still crying. We love and respect the cat so much. May she please rest in peace. She deserves a beautiful, blissful, brilliant after life. In her next life I hope she reincarnates into another female kitten so that when she grows up she can have kittens of her own. Beautiful baby kitty. Love you forever sweetheart. :love::loveshower::grouphug::cheekkiss::respect:

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
How old is she? Does she have an illness or old age?

I know this pain, it is the worst pain in the world. My cat was very young and had cancer. I don't think mine would have liked to have kittens, but i think she would like to have walked across a beach or through a big field with butterflies, which she never got to do. She was loved though, cared for, and that is the most important thing.

J

JeanPierre

You are doing the right thing.
Everything will fall into place when the thing is right.
I am so sorry, dear.

S

Sapphirepenguin9900

Hey, I had to have my cat put down December 10th. He was 14 but had heart failure. It was awful so I understand how you feel. It feels empty not having him in the house. Are you getting your cat cremated? Mine was and we have bought a cat shaped urn for him to go in. We are going to place it under the tree in the garden as he loved the garden.

MarieRose

MarieRose

So sorry to hear this news,it's very sad,tragic,I am sorry for your loss!

JessisMe

JessisMe

Hello NoOne I’m very sorry for the loss of your sweet and beloved kitty. You did not do anything wrong by getting your cat fixed. Spaying your female cat protects against cancers and can bring longevity to their lives in this way. You were acting with every good intention in undertaking this very common practice. I’m sorry that your cat seemed good have been negatively impacted by this but your intentions were so good: how could you possibly know? I do like the idea of getting another cat to help fill the hole that this kitty will leave in your heart when it passes. Something about loving and nurturing new life can be very healing. I send you love and prayers in your kitties departure and healing wishes for the days and months ahead. xo, j

N

NoOne5

Thanks for the compassion, support, and love everyone. I'm heart broken. The poor thing keeps chain stoking. She is 17 years old and is dying of kidney failure. I'm so angry right now. Why is this happening to such a sweet harmless innocent loving creature?! Why can't it be happening to some evil sick human instead?! I'd totally trade places with her if I could. In a heart beat. Watching her die is making me feel suicidal. I'm the one who's done horrible things. Not her. She should not be the one dying! I should be!!! :curseyou::stomp::mad:

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
I'm ever so sorry, your cat will know how loved she is.
You have made the right decision, you will have special memories that will help you.
I've had to have some of my pets put to sleep, it is heartbreaking.
Please if your feeling suicidal reach out for help. You don't deserve to die either.
I will post some links for you.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

If you’re thinking about suicide and are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (i.e. in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111) or call the international emergency number of 112.

If you have been affected by the contents of this thread and would like to speak to someone about your feelings you can call one of the following helplines:

In the UK and Ireland, the Samaritans can be contacted on 116 123.
In the US, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, the crisis support service Lifeline is on 13 11 14.
In New Zealand, the Need to Talk service is on 1737 or 080017371737.
Other international helplines can be found at www.befrienders.org.

N

NoOne5

Hi,
I'm ever so sorry, your cat will know how loved she is.
You have made the right decision, you will have special memories that will help you.
I've had to have some of my pets put to sleep, it is heartbreaking.
Please if your feeling suicidal reach out for help. You don't deserve to die either.
I will post some links for you.
I hurt her though. In my past. I need to suffer for that. She deserves to be avenged! I hate my evil self! :stomp: :stomp: :stomp:

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

so sorry about your kitty, having her spayed was the right thing to do :hug:

too many cats and kittens never make it out of rescue due to pet overpopulation :(

N

NoOne5

so sorry about your kitty, having her spayed was the right thing to do :hug:

too many cats and kittens never make it out of rescue due to pet overpopulation :(
I'd give up my life if that would heal her and let her have kittens someday.