• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Others getting high/affected by drugs.

Mister.B

Mister.B

Has anyone experienced this?

How did you deal with it?

I know, I know, don't take drugs...

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Has anyone experienced this?

I had, for too long

How did you deal with it?

found strength through a higher power that, for me, is mostly to do with connecting with people and through a step programme, literature and meetings.
Hoping that you are okay (hug)

J

Jambo

Who? What type of drugs? The question seems a bit vague.

Mister.B

Mister.B

When I mean 'others' I mean 'alters'.

I'm not too bothered about *me* being high or whatever, it's just disconcerting to hear all my alters speaking gibberish and being weird inside my head.

I even transitioned tonight.
I haven't transitioned in months. :low:

Mister.B

Mister.B

Who? What type of drugs? The question seems a bit vague.
Well, it only really happened tonight on a legal high. (which I won't be doing again!)
But it happens to a lesser extent with weed too.

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

Forgive me if I'm wrong MrB but you're asking if your other personalities have taken drugs while they've been out against your knowledge, correct?

I haven't experienced drugs or alcohol. But I have experienced sex. It made me feel like my body wasn't mine anymore (because well it kind of isnt...). I had a lot of guilt and shame with this alter. I hated this alter for months afterwards because she would leave in the middle and I would have to finish it up even though I hate sex. I don't believe she has had these relations since she had to finish one day.

I imagine them taking drugs is really scary and really horrible. Here for you.

Mister.B

Mister.B

Forgive me if I'm wrong MrB but you're asking if your other personalities have taken drugs while they've been out against your knowledge, correct?
No, I'm talking about if *you* take drugs or whatever and your others are affected.
It doesn't happen everytime.
So I wondered if there is something that causes it, or if there is something I can do to alleviate it.

J

Jambo

Oh sorry, i thought you meant you were worried about other people who were using drugs.

What do alters and transitioning feel like?

Mister.B

Mister.B

Oh sorry, i thought you meant you were worried about other people who were using drugs.

What do alters and transitioning feel like?
Alters feel like what I guess voice hearers feel, but for me it's not an outside voice, it's like their thoughts are my thoughts. It's like I'm reading people's minds, but the people are inside me.

Transitioning feels like I'm going to sneeze, you know that feeling when you can feel something coming and you can't stop it.

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

No, I'm talking about if *you* take drugs or whatever and your others are affected.
It doesn't happen everytime.
So I wondered if there is something that causes it, or if there is something I can do to alleviate it.
Oh, I'm no help, im sorry MrB.