• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Other Mental Health Forums

JessisMe

JessisMe

There was a different mental health forum I was a member of for awhile that was very active. This was about three years ago. Some
people there, though, were extremely power hungry, vindictive, manipulative and bullying. I rejoined recently and it’s a dead zone: no one is there. The most bullying one is still a member but keeps a very low profile. I had to leave this forum because with the way people were behaving my mental health was better off without it. Have you had similar experiences in groups online or otherwise that claimed to be supportive? What has been your experience with different forums online?

Catty5

Catty5

Hi

Good morning (6:45am). How are you doing?
I belong to “Patient.Info” that is a relatively inactive site. They have “Fluoxetine” community. Ii rarely post mine. But it’s good for me to know how others experience a same med.

Rowan

Rowan

There was a different mental health forum I was a member of for awhile that was very active. This was about three years ago. Some
people there, though, were extremely power hungry, vindictive, manipulative and bullying. I rejoined recently and it’s a dead zone: no one is there. The most bullying one is still a member but keeps a very low profile. I had to leave this forum because with the way people were behaving my mental health was better off without it. Have you had similar experiences in groups online or otherwise that claimed to be supportive? What has been your experience with different forums online?
I started posting on here a few weeks ago and I checked and I hadn't been on here since 2014.

There was another MH forum I used to be on as well and quite a lot of the people on there seemed like total weirdos, lol! I don't remember the name but there were some nasty people on that one. Maybe it is the one you are talking about.

JessisMe

JessisMe

I started posting on here a few weeks ago and I checked and I hadn't been on here since 2014.

There was another MH forum I used to be on as well and quite a lot of the people on there seemed like total weirdos, lol! I don't remember the name but there were some nasty people on that one. Maybe it is the one you are talking about.
Yeah I tried a different site around the same time and it just seemed to be much worse...☹

Keesha

Keesha

Humanity certainly has a dark side and online communication can be hurtful. We are pack animals after all and some people take that bonding a bit too far where jealous and competition become more important than compassion and understanding. It very unfortunate but that’s the dark side of humanity and it happens on every forum.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Hi

Good morning (6:45am). How are you doing?
I belong to “Patient.Info” that is a relatively inactive site. They have “Fluoxetine” community. Ii rarely post mine. But it’s good for me to know how others experience a same med.
Good morning @Catty5 I’m doing okay this morning. Bit of a backslide today. Yesterday I sunk back into depression. I’m wondering if the feeling better was hypomania. I felt good, was showering with ease, was laughing and making jokes, was buying new clothes and dressing myself up a little...now nothing. It’s so strange...

JessisMe

JessisMe

Humanity certainly has a dark side and online communication can be hurtful. We are pack animals after all and some people take that bonding a bit too far where jealous and competition become more important than compassion and understanding. It very unfortunate but that’s the dark side of humanity and it happens on every forum.
pretty sad...

Catty5

Catty5

Good morning @Catty5 I’m doing okay this morning. Bit of a backslide today. Yesterday I sunk back into depression. I’m wondering if the feeling better was hypomania. I felt good, was showering with ease, was laughing and making jokes, was buying new clothes and dressing
myself up a little...now nothing. It’s so strange...
It’s good to hear you’re ok. But please keep
a low key till your ordinally mood will be back. I don’t have bipolar.....i’ve been dysthymic all my life. i’ve never enjoyed anything in my life.

Keesha

Keesha

pretty sad...
It’s very sad but the saddest part is that it has become a social norm and the internet has made it easier . People get a chance to side with their favour people through gossip and judgment without even meeting them. There’s strength in numbers. After a while this behaviour appears normal to those doing it and the ones who don’t become the oddballs.

If THIS ^^^^ is considered ‘normal’ behaviour then I’m gonna ‘Shine on ‘you’ crazy diamond’ and fly.

Mental disorder seems SO much easier to handle if you don’t give a @$&#!

( not to mean you don’t care about hurting others but that you treat all humanity with equal kindness & respect since it defines who you are personally). That’s really all that matters.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Mental disorder seems SO much easier to handle if you don’t give a @$&#!

[/QUOTE]

TRUE DAT

Ozymandias

Ozymandias

Before coming here I'd used a quite large forum for several years, but I left that after falling out with someone who turned out to be quite a senior member of the site... it's been a while now, but I seem to remember him/her claiming to be the owner. They were definitely someone who could wield a lot of power over the forum, because our disagreement came from me asking the moderators why some posts had been deleted from a thread... I honestly couldn't fathom why, because I'd simply been discussing video games in a general area of the forum.

The person who replied said that they'd personally moderated the posts because they didn't want people discussing 'murder simulators' on their forum, and then berated me for having taken up their precious time. I said that there were no rules about discussing video games, so it's not like I could have magically known I wasn't allowed to, and then added that dismissing them all in the way (s)he had was ignorant/bigoted/prejudiced (I can't remember which of those terms I used). That didn't go down well... the person then told me that they'd just had an operation on their hand, it was hard for them to write, and so they didn't appreciate discussing their authority with me, to which I expressed my sympathies but maintained that didn't change the fact of them being bigoted/prejudiced/ignorant.

The person then decided that my username contravened the forum rules, even though I'd had it for several years and nobody had said anything before (including this person when (s)he moderated my posts), and asked what we were going to do about that. I just said they could delete me from the forum if that's how they were going to be, because I can't be bothered with being used for someone's power trip, and then logged out for good.

Otherwise, I've looked at several BPD forums but haven't engaged with them much because they weren't very active.

Keesha

Keesha

Forum power tripping isn’t uncommon. You’re left feeling like wt.....
Been there, done that. 🥺

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Other 13
T Other 3