• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

other eating disorder?

J

jodie20

are there any other eating disorders? other than anorexia and bulimia.

i very rarley eat, i can sometimes go days with only a little snack, like a packet of crisps, i feel hungry but just dnt eat! i do not think i am over wieght, infact i KNOW that i am very underwieght!

thanx for reading x

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
Why are you looking for a alternative to one of these types of eating disorders???
From what you have described you would benefit from seeing a doctor rather than worrying by yourself what diagnoses fits you.
I hope you are able to seek some help because one way or another not eating regularly is unhealthy.
Takecare
KP

S

Sall1

Founding Member
Hi Jodie,

In answer to your question...... there are other classifications of eating disorders known as EDNOS - 'eating disorders not otherwise specified'. All this means is that the sufferer has SOME of the symptoms/beaviours of 'disordered ways of eating', but that these individuals do not fit the full criteria that would neatly place them in the box for the full diagnosis of either anorexia/bulimia etc. It doesn't mean that EDNOS sufferers suffer any less than a full blown anorexic/bulimic, it's just down to the way in which labels have been devised and classified for mental disorders to current date.

If you haen't already seen your GP Jodie, please do. Self diagnosis is never good - it really does require professional diagnosis based off the facts of individuals and your own personal history.

I know that this might sound silly but it was a question that I was asked - Why do you not wish to eat? Is it a choice for you or has it became something else? For me it's about control and choice - I just feel better when I don't eat. I feel as though I have control but I know this is just an illusion. Still it doesn't change things really. I'm seeing a psychologist for an eating disorder. It can be tough going but if you fel as though self-starvation is taking over you in any way, I urge you to speak to your GP as a good starting point if you haven't already.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do. I hope this info helps.

:hug:Sall