• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

OT has got me filling in a mood chart

M

madmum

Hi i know i posted about still being on section but i forgot to mention that i saw an OT to try and pick apart my life and what has happened in it which has made me the person i am today. We talked about me i told her thingd from my childhood, and how i was a young carer to my mum as she had multible sclerorisis and that she died when i was 19 because she developed lukemia and that i didnt know how to grieve and that it is as raw today i am 51 now . We talked alot about me and my behaviour when i was in total emotional termoiland what therapies i have tried in the past i have had talking therapy CBT and tried DBT. I said that talking therapy was quite good as it allowed me to open up and talk to someone who wouldnt judge me. CBT i understood about turning a nagative into a positive which is a lot easier than it sounds and finally DBT which i did not like atall i found mindfulnee a load of airey fairey clap trap and not keen on being in a group and while i was on the course i tried killing myself by taking another overdose. The OT saked me why i feel the way i do i told her every day is a struggle and that i wish every singlr day that the doctors had not saved my life in may 2014, that thoughts of wishing i was dead never stop they are always in my mind. So now she has got me thinking about my mood while i am doing activities and writing down in a form to see which lesson my thoughts and she will go through chart next week with me i guess it cant hurt and using the forum does help because i know i will not be judge for feeling the way i do.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S What has my dad got to do to get help??!! Depression Forum 4
E My depressed partner has shut me out and now I am feeling bad Depression Forum 7
D Has an antidepressant suddenly stopped working for Depression Forum 6
MeAndMyDepression Has anyone ever worn the "Life is Good" brand of clothing? Depression Forum 4
B Has an anti-depressant ever caused you to have tinnitus or TMJ? Depression Forum 9
X Has anyone actually recovered from the emotional numbness part of depression Depression Forum 12
M Forum-has anyone else been let down by mental health services Depression Forum 21
MeAndMyDepression Has anyone tried Ritalin for depression? Depression Forum 14
B My Doctor has given Up on me. Depression Forum 10
mirrormaker is this everything life has to offer? Depression Forum 15
J Has anyone else experienced this?? (Depression zaps) Depression Forum 4
KittyCat92 My cat has been put to sleep Depression Forum 30
L My depression has prevented fatherhood Depression Forum 4
ChibiHufflepuff My escape has become a personal hellscape... Depression Forum 1
HellRider The Delusion has to be broken Depression Forum 4
L Today Has Been Bad. TRIGGAR WARNING Depression Forum 8
anodyne Lifelong loneliness has made me hate people Depression Forum 27
lifecangetbetter has anyone noticed smart people are angry Depression Forum 8
F Writing a letter to someone who has passed and keeping a blog Depression Forum 5
I My girlfriend has depression and broke up with me Depression Forum 8
P Helping/supporting my girlfriend who has depression Depression Forum 3
D Think my dad has depression (advice needed) Depression Forum 6
S No one has ever loved me in a way that made me feel loved Depression Forum 10
T Reality has become way too depressing. Depression Forum 17
J Gum pain has been driving me ill Depression Forum 5
MeAndMyDepression Who has concentration/memory problems because of depression? Depression Forum 5
M Girlfriend has depression and has pushed away. Need advice/support Depression Forum 2
J SPRAVATO for Treatment Resistance Depression Has anyone used Spravato? Depression Forum 4
H Husband has depression Depression Forum 3
M My dad has now caused me to get anxiety attacks Depression Forum 5
IcyShadow The darkness has returned Depression Forum 5
S My boyfriends depression has become worse and now he’s acting mean? Depression Forum 63
Fairy Lucretia my dog has a poorly tummy Depression Forum 23
S New relationship has pushed me back down again Depression Forum 6
K How to help someone who has tried to commit suicide (two times) Depression Forum 6
M Depression has turned me into a monster Depression Forum 4
J Has my depressed fiancé fallen out of love? Depression Forum 6
wollie At last my pdoc has found a med that works for me Depression Forum 7
Tawny Depression has put it's slippers on Depression Forum 61
B My girlfriend has depression and is pushing me away. Depression Forum 3
R Has anyone ever been on Trintellix? What were your experiences? Depression Forum 2
G Mom has been in a depressive episode for over a month Depression Forum 2
C A single event last week has broken me Depression Forum 9
bluestar ocean If a person has one month of chronic depression does that age the face or is that not enough time to do aging damage? Depression Forum 5
S Anti seizure meds for anxiety has someone tried this? Depression Forum 4
AustralianDeb1986 Has anyone been on or know about the birth control implant Nexplanon / Implanon? Depression Forum 3
Y My “friend” has started bullying me and it’s getting worse Depression Forum 36
D My mom has been struggling with manic depression and psychotic episodes for months. Depression Forum 9
D DUNNO IF ANYONE HAS FELT THIS TOO? Depression Forum 2
Y Self confidence has destroyed dating life? Depression Forum 2