Oshodontics

Kerome

Kerome

This guy is considered a bit of a joke by some people I know, but who knows maybe his ramblings will be seen as revealed truth by some.

The really short version is that this guy Devageet, who used to be Osho's dentist, had been told by Osho that the teeth were a link to the Akashic Records, and that he should devise a method which would allow everybody to make contact with this source of knowledge.

Akashic records - Wikipedia

Kerome

Kerome

To be honest I see a certain irony here, that Devageet like so many sannyasins is coming up with a 'therapy programme' that is supposed to help heal and open spiritual doors. There is a lot of low quality stuff in this market, a lot of unproven materials with little provenance from someone who really knows the spiritual realms. You could call these things scams, although they are done in the best of intentions.

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
To be honest I see a certain irony here, that Devageet like so many sannyasins is coming up with a 'therapy programme' that is supposed to help heal and open spiritual doors. There is a lot of low quality stuff in this market, a lot of unproven materials with little provenance from someone who really knows the spiritual realms. You could call these things scams, although they are done in the best of intentions.
i'm Not overly keen on Osho & everything that he spawned.

& what is categorically true within all these areas & who decides? By what criteria do we measure it all? By what standard / measurement do we gauge someone & information / knowledge that has genuine 'provenance from someone who really knows the spiritual realms'?

One of the healers that i worked with used to go on about the area of teeth being linked to overall health (along with a lot of other things), he was very much of the Osho 'camp' as well. It's also Not a new area, it goes back far into history.

i have some 800 books, on all kinds of healing, spirituality & other areas. i have quite a large number of books on Theosophy / Perennial Philosophy / Ancient Wisdom / Energy healing / Subtle Energies - a lot of Encyclopaedias correlating various different systems / modalities. There are similarities within a lot of various systems, But there are also a lot of differences. i don't think that there ever has been, is or will be a Universal Model or agreement within all of these areas - that seems to be the nature of these subjects, same with all areas of spirituality / religion / healing. People just don't agree, same with everything else.

Maybe we could sit all the greatest spiritual Masters / Teachers / Healers that have ever lived on this planet & put them all in a room together & maybe they would have certain fundamental agreements about things? But maybe they wouldn't? It appears to be the nature of all these areas that there isn't a lot of agreement within a lot of it all, regarding some areas there are some very major & fundamental differences & disagreements, except in the most general / broad area of comparative terms. It's part of the problem with it all, & i No longer think that any one person / human is necessarily qualified to state what is more genuine & true within all these areas over what isn't?

Last edited:
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

It's an interesting post. It reminded me of going to the orthodontist as a kid. Braces - fuck! :rolleyes:

Kerome

Kerome

I thought it was vaguely interesting too. The Akashic records have a link to Buddhism, that's where the term originally came from. As to whether Osho was right? Who can really tell, but for a journey into the spiritual meaning of teeth I don't think there are many competitors :)

Even so, if I think to try and feel where the origin of my awareness is in my body, it seems to be the teeth or the ears. The mouth as a whole is like a centre of awareness, as is the throat... it's an interesting exercise. The teeth are definitely important.

Last edited:
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

We've seen laughter and screaming as a form of spiritual, therapeutic practice at times. I wonder, could there be such a thing as esoteric or mystical 'tooth therapy' in there somewhere as well :)

Kerome

Kerome

We've seen laughter and screaming as a form of spiritual, therapeutic practice at times. I wonder, could there be such a thing as esoteric or mystical 'tooth therapy' in there somewhere as well :)
There's a famous meditation group which is practiced in the Osho Ashram which is called The Mystic Rose, which involves a week of laughing, a week of crying, and then a week of silence. It's one of those that make you go deep within yourself, by all reports, so I think there is some argument that it does work as spiritual practice.

Last edited:
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

There's a famous meditation group which is practiced in the Osho Ashram which is called The Mystic Rose, which involves a week of laughing, a week of crying, and then a week of silence. It's one of those that make you go deep within yourself, by all reports, so I think there is some argument that it does work as spiritual practice.
I've seen groups in India, that practice the yoga of laughter. It looks odd, but plenty of people seem to subscribe to it, so it 'does it' for some, you might say. Then I know there is such a thing as Primal Scream Therapy :)

I used to have a copy of a book, not by Osho, but one of his followers. It was called Death Comes Dancing: Celebrating Life with the Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh. I got it from a charity shop. I've found many interesting books in charity shops, including many of the ones I had on Krishna Consciousness. This sectarian form of Hinduism fascinated me when I was younger. I'm still quite taken with it tbh.

il_570xN.1092081261_kthq.jpg

Above is an image of the book. I wish I still had it cos it contained lots of inspiring thoughts on love, money, sex etc. And I seem to recall laughter as a form of meditation and yoga was mentioned as well :)

At times, I have looked into going on retreat, or spending time in a religious community. It could be good yano :)

Kerome

Kerome

Yeah a lot of ex sannyasins have written books about their experience, the vast majority are positive and all have their fans, but a few are very negative and these of course have been very controversial and have garnered a lot of press.

The book you bought seems to have been published in India, the author's name as a sannyas name and no other publishers marks on the cover are fairly standard practice over there.

I do remember primal scream therapy, it got a bit discredited at a certain point. That happened with a lot of therapies from the 1970's, they were more experimental back then and nowadays there's a clearer view on what works and is beneficial. But anyway the whole Osho Ashram in Pune functions a bit as a meditation resort these days, you can still learn a lot there from various groups like Mystic Rose.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

It is an interesting idea, but also best taken with a pinch of salt.

I agree with CPU in that there is no "one size fits all" approach to any of these things.

This thread reminded me of a page I came across that tells you exactly what's wrong with you emotionally, based on physical symptoms.
There's a whole section on teeth and what each tooth signifies.

It makes me wonder where the author of the website has got their information from and who's to say what means what. :(

I suppose for me there is something significant in teeth and bone, in that they can remain here on earth for a very long time after you've gone.