Osho on hearing voices: they are just fragments

Kerome

Kerome

My experience is that this is true... I can feel the switching of dominant minds as the day progresses, it is subtle but there. Also I have experienced directly voices as energistic fragments that take on a life of their own after some dramatic internal happening. Although it still leaves me with a very few memories that I cannot identify.

Question - I am always listening to Inner Voices. But one voice says one thing and another says just the opposite. What should I do?

Osho - There are many people here who go on listening to inner voices. These inner voices are just crap. These are just fragments of your mind; they have no value at all. And sometimes you may think that you are listening to some inner guide or you are listening to some master from the beyond – Master K H, or some spirit, some Tibetan spirit – and you can go on imagining these things. And you will be simply be fooling yourself.

These are all your fragments. And if you go on following them you will go crazy – because one part will pull you to the north, another part to the south. You will start falling apart. Remember, this is neurosis – you have to learn to watch all these voices. Don’t trust any. Only trust silence. Don’t trust any voice, because all voices are from the mind. And you don’t have one mind, you have many. That fallacy persists – we think we have only one mind. That is wrong.

You have many minds. In the morning, one mind is on top. By noon, another mind is on top. By the evening, a third mind – and you have many. Gurdjieff used to say that you have many selves, Mahavira has said that man is polypsychic. You are a crowd! If you go on listening to these voices and following them you will be simply destroying your whole life.

From Osho, The Revolution, 1979

Rest of the story in link

OSHO love life: Don’t believe in any Inner Voice. Just remain aloof, Just Watch... ~OSHO~

Kerome

Kerome

This keeps coming back to me, I find it a very interesting commentary on what inner voices are all about. If you hear voices my preferred approach is just to watch them, to label them just as voices and not to proliferate any ideas about what they are or what they mean. It’s best to keep these ideas as simple as possible, and not to get lost in ideas of telepathy or psychics.

For me, the voices seemed to search for some topic that would get me to respond. They talked about all kinds of rubbish from aliens to telepathic armies to god, until they hit upon the idea of souls and damage to it, and that got some kind of emotional response. For a while I was caught up in fantasies of that. But it’s actually all lies, I’m pretty convinced they don’t have any kind of substantial meaning - they are just voices.

S

Saphyrro

Yes, I agree. Definitely dont take advice from any voice (s). They are only reflections of you anyway so they dont have an intelligence on their own. Recognizing they arent real is the most essential step towards healing. It will happen sooner or later. As the sh*t isnt real, it is bound to reveal itself as such some day.

"Realise that the entities you see are projections of your own mind" - Tibetan book of the dead

Last edited:
J

Jason76

Geez in a lot of ways I want you to be right and I’ll just say that you are for yourself. And maybe for me too.
I however see it as telepathy because the majority of inhabitants of the earth are telepathic or communicate with pheromones or instinctive behaviors. For instance; being in a room when people are severally upset and about to have physical blows. I can feel that energy. Now when I’m working or around peopl I sense their mood and almost always hear there voice in my mind. Only when where not speaking. Now I admit that it could be that there behavior and energy is triggering a receiver in my brain( because we all seem connected) that’s tells me what I think there thinking. In there voice that my brain has prerecorded it says ( I’m not happy) or in a lot of cases people tell me there amazed that we can do this. maybe it’s what they are actually thinking because we all most likely have the same brain, but some of us are aware of our internal Siri. Feeling or phearamon comes in on a frequency level and our beautiful minds catch it and Our internal Siri says ( I’m upset) or (I’m horny) or (wow I’m telepathic) It seems we’re all flesh and bone. With frequency going through us. I just want to say thank you for helping me think commonly. It’s something I have and I am fascinated by it and want to understand it more. Thanks again

S

sxxsmx

maybe osho meditated too much - maybe that's why he was bold..
it's quite possible that he was being manipulated through mind programming? why?
many people believed him, including myself - yes, he has spoken quite many good things, but i doubt that he "heard voices" - real voices - one that are there 24hours a day.

He writes about fragments of the mind and about "jakadi jakadi jak", like he would say - but even in those words written in this post of him is something of "truth" - but not all.
If people behind voices - which produces noise through ai(voices in someone's head) want noise, maybe the total noise they'll get.

Kerome

Kerome

Lots of people with different opinions, which is ok. But what I like about Osho’s explanation is that it doesn’t need anything extraordinary — no aliens, no angels, no semi-magical technology — and it feels like it makes sense. It needs no great leap of faith to believe it, unlike a lot of people’s own explanations of hearing voices which are way out there.

S

sxxsmx

"It needs no great leap of faith to believe it",
jap, that is one of their basic "magic" formula behind conditioning - to create sheeps out of people.

Even osho would encourange anyone to do a scientific research about something,
he would say "don't just blindly believe all the jakadi jakada jak",
sometimes he even went further "sometimes, i even don't mind contradicting myself",
well - i don't recommend that(depends), in short it means "cut your roots off".