• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Origin

R

rabina

Let's get down to business.
How can male and female voices that are not
recognizable to the person hearing them come about
whether hearing them in their heads or with their ears.
Can this be logically or scientifically/medically explained?
There must be answers to this question.
Even if thought to be a "hallucination" the brain is recognizing it as a voice.
So, one could even argue then about it being a hallucination if being recognized by the brain.
How???
ORIGIN: Always remember origin...

R

rabina

I'm no scientist here, but here is what I have found that seems interesting; hmmm???

Sound processing is controlled by the temporal lobes (frontal lobes).

The primary auditory cortex is about the same as Brodmann areas 41 and 42. ... cerebral cortex that are involved in processing sound, in the frontal and parietal lobes. .....

The auditory nerve (also cochlear nerve) carries signals of the inner ear to the brain.

The auditory cortex is involved in tasks such as identifying and segregating auditory "objects" and identifying the location of a sound in space.

Human brain scans have indicated that a peripheral bit of this brain region is active when trying to identify pitch. Individual cells consistently get excited by sounds at specific frequencies, or multiples of that frequency.

Cortex is the outer part or portion of an organ.

Well, it's a start of some type anyway.
rabina

R

rabina

I have asked this question in several locations including neurology, (where I received no answer at all), in medicine and psychology as well as a schizophrenic community where the only word some could come up with was schizophrenia which is not an answer to the question.
You see no one can answer this question as of yet.
It is unexplainable or the unknown.
People will talk about studies and come to definite conlcusions based upon these limited and subjective studies.

To be continued.

R

rabina

I do believe this all has something to do with sound frequency.

http://videos.howstuffworks.com/hsw/6053-exploring-sound-frequency-video.htm

Human brain scans have indicated that a peripheral bit of this brain region is active when trying to identify pitch. Individual cells consistently get excited by sounds at specific frequencies, or multiples of that frequency.

Now, who can really say for sure who hears what???
They state that dogs and other animals can hear what humans can't.
Have to admit that one persons hearing differs from anothers hearing.
How do we really know what one person can or cannot hear and where it is being heard???

Now, this is getting interesting for me anyway.
On one evp i took which is at sisters house and located on paranormal suggestions, I heard whispering coming from a bedroom and so got up with the digital recorder (which is very sensitive) and began to ask questions of this spirit or whatever you wish to call it. I did not hear the responses with my ears and yet the responses are recorded on the digital recorder track 2.
I do realize some may not hear the responses, but I can and I certainly can hear it state it's name.
All getting very interesting here.
And they or it can indeed follow one as this one did to my sisters house.
Aha.

Schizophrenia my ass.....

To think that some say Jesus Christ was schizophrenic; well, i tell you now he was not and neither are so very, very many here and there and everywhere......yes, there is a God.

R

RatViper

Hi Rabina,

Very interesting posts you've made, I'd like to add some information to the pool that I've recently been researching.

The neurology of a brain can be looked at by doing a CAT scan.

Male neurology differs from female neurology. As you undoubtedly are aware - it is stated that all embryo's start female. For a boy to be born the embryo's hormones/neurology/etc are altered, with a girl they are unaltered.

Therefore the neurology of a female brain is different to that of a male one and CAT scans have shown this to be the case.

What is also very interesting is that people who hear voices have different CAT scan results from non voice hearers. Also, autistic people for example have yet again a different neurology.

I like to describe for simplicity, the neurology of a brain to be the way in which it is 'wired together'. The differences in 'wirings' from one brain to another mean that things such as the way in which thought processes operate can have differences too.

I think that an external physical event such as a blow to the head may cause the 'wiring' of a brain to be altered in some manner and have the result of someone to go from not hearing voices to hearing voices. Maybe other people's 'wiring' are different from birth. Perhaps traumatic events cancause this too, etc etc.

RatViper

R

rabina

:)
Hi RatViper,
Thanks for your information.
It is interesting too.
I would have to research your info. because no I am not aware of much
of what you state.
There are cat scans, pet scans, mri's, mra's etc. and all will show
something different for each individual I believe.
The word "normal" has been applied to say just that; what is normal???
I believe we are all unique individuals with different make ups in every way.
No one person has the same finger prints for example.
Our thought processing and thinking will always be different from anothers and
thank God for this.
All of mankind cannot be examined under a microscope nor should they be for
some will take it upon themselves to determine what is "normal."
I believe this would be a grave and tragic injustice to say the least to human beings.
I am an advocate and firm believer in each individual having their own set of finger prints(individuality)
I have found the most beautiful people to be those with labels placed upon them; what does this say?
I beleive it says they are beautiful individuals and we should all stop and take a good look at the human beings they
are and not at the inside of their brains.
This is my opinion.
We are all different and so should be treated as unique and authentic human beings.
We are each "one of a kind."
Keep posting RatViper because all information can lead to something.
Yes, people hear voices for many different reasons.:D
I suppose we all have our own theories as to origin of why we hear a voice or voices.

Quote by RatViper:
Male neurology differs from female neurology. As you undoubtedly are aware - it is stated that all embryo's start female. For a boy to be born the embryo's hormones/neurology/etc are altered, with a girl they are unaltered.

Now RatViper (where did you get this name: ), first let me ask; do you think that this has something to do with how the voices are unrecognizable???
I was under the impression both male and females had some similar hormones as well.

Serioulsly, do you think this has something to do with the voices being male or female???
I don't think so because many state they hear both, but good thinking.

rabina

R

rabina

Let's get down to business.
How can male and female voices that are not
recognizable to the person hearing them come about
whether hearing them in their heads or with their ears.
Can this be logically or scientifically/medically explained?
There must be answers to this question.
Even if thought to be a "hallucination" the brain is recognizing it as a voice.
So, one could even argue then about it being a hallucination if being recognized by the brain.
How???

Okay, I can answer part of this question.
If a person hears voices with their ears then there is every possibility that they are indeed hearing a real voice.
Okay, this part is answered simply enough.
In my opinion, it is probably psychic/paranormal phenomena.
Now, what's to say the same does not apply to voices heard inside ones head???
Back to square one.

R

RatViper

Hi Rabina,

Couldn't agree with you more. I often think this about humanity - 'People are unique, just like everyone else'.

There are cat scans, pet scans, mri's, mra's etc. and all will show
something different for each individual I believe.
The word "normal" has been applied to say just that; what is normal???
I believe we are all unique individuals with different make ups in every
way.
Definitely. What I'm trying to say is that it has been found out to be the case, that with certain groups of people the neural networks within the brain have differences in the connections from each other. This can cause differences in thought processes, emotional responses etc.

Couldn't agree more with you on the way the word normal is used to describe people. We can talk in majorities/minorities etc but this is about as far as we can go.

I have found the most beautiful people to be those with labels placed upon them; what does this say?
I beleive it says they are beautiful individuals and we should all stop and take a good look at the human beings they are and not at the inside of their brains.
This is my opinion.
We are all different and so should be treated as unique and authentic human beings.
We are each "one of a kind."
Yeh I agree. As for the looking at the inside of people's brains, I feel that it can prove to be useful if done correctly and in a way that includes treating people as individuals and so forth.

first let me ask; do you think that this has something to do with how the voices are unrecognizable???
I was under the impression both male and females had some similar hormones as well.

Serioulsly, do you think this has something to do with the voices being male or female???
I don't think so because many state they hear both, but good thinking.
Sorry for confusion, I didn't mean to give the impression that the differences between males and females have a bearing on voice hearing per se. It may have but I don't know. I was more stating this difference to illustrate how neurology is different between the sexes, and then as you know, carried on to the illustrate the differences between different groups of people.

RatViper

P.S. RatViper is a name I gave myself years ago. I also go by other aliases such as Carcass, Sausage, Mr Ben etc.

R

rabina

Hi Viper,

The way I see it is that we are all in the same group or atleast we should be and that is "the human race."
I know you agree with this.
I state this only because we are placed in groups by others and I guess this will always be the case in the world we live in.
We hear voices so we are called voice hearers.
Some don't fit into the criteria of what others have suggested so we then become a certain group of people.
It will never end as long as people are searching for answers.
United we stand, divided we fall......

What a wonderful world it would be.....if only.....

PS: I guess I'm thinking like John Lennon now in his song "Imagine."
So, let's all go listen to something uplifting of our own choice.

R

RatViper

Hi Rabina,

I know what you are saying. As things currently stand people get labelled things, classified, put in a box, etc etc. I'm sure we all on here know what that is like, be it personal or impersonal.

In my opinion that doesn't necessarily mean that the core research is invalid, the usage and application of it more often than not certainly is horrendous though.

I agree totally that human beings are all equals and the fact that we are not all treated as such appals me.

RatViper

T

terri

Hi Rabina,

I know what you are saying. As things currently stand people get labelled things, classified, put in a box, etc etc. I'm sure we all on here know what that is like, be it personal or impersonal.

In my opinion that doesn't necessarily mean that the core research is invalid, the usage and application of it more often than not certainly is horrendous though.

I agree totally that human beings are all equals and the fact that we are not all treated as such appals me.

RatViper
Got to get one in quick before I am for banned, after my last post through SuperZ and about the Moderator, and well the truth is, there are many instances on this forum where people swear, and it seems that I am the only one who was reported to Paul by the new Junior member Rachael whateverhername was who we are now not so much as saving but dumbing, and one day, somehow, someone, with a modicre of sense, and half a brain, and I do not mean you RatViper or Rabina or Cal or anyone else, and not even all the rest, just the stupid stupi;d stupid stupid stupid male who can literally mark points against me becaue I do not agree that Rachael should take on board the enormity of the task of moving voice hearers away from those who are in the medical profession who are in cahoots and have the power to either:

section, prescribe tablets, lock a humanoid away for days or even months at a time without that person having committed any crime, (just because the medical profession agrees together that said person is not insane enough to be let loose amongst the community if you get what I mean); and all the rest, blah blah blah

And Rabina, I would not be at all surprised if he was not You and you do nop know what I mean though I do, and it is of no offence to be nop unlike the man I love and do cherish with all my heart. And here in England on this soil, I do not have no hope forever with a man who does not side with a long standing member and takes on board what a whippetsnippet of a girl says, who has neither full understanding, nor the ableness of what I have. And yes Rabina I was sort of thinking of joining in, and taking her place, and well no access to a computer for a couple of days, the reasons you well know of, except for going the back route, which has cost me an absolute FORTUNE PAUL, so I put all on hold to decide whether to become involved or not, and thank you God, for there is one now, for giving me time and space and understanding to hold back from all those fears which I have always had for you may be sure there will be someone, someone out there who........................

Well................. welcome to Babylonia, and that goes for all you at Mad Pride or Mad Hatters tea party for there will come th day you mark my words when you will wish you had not doined and then deserted...........................

What a sinking ship

Hey

What me, say something not unlike, not at all famous, not like some, guess you all want what I've got.................Well you can't ave it. So there and we don't leave people so for those who know we are having a forum of our own and it goes like this.................. Well I will not let on, though I know a man who will.............though not yet, not up until he is good and ready, and now I do no more than say though Most Definite, Goodbye Adeiu and I leave you with dhose song, and it goes, One for the Money, Two for the Show, Go Get Your Blue Suede Shoes off on Evlis for you have been seen, what, here on this cruise ship and now whose going to be the one to cart me off to the nuthouse back home in England when I go land at what, Southampton, not for nothing, and percy penguin lives and resides at what a lot of forest way down younger in new orleans and what I want to know paul is why you do not sanction others, not unlike Puekeko for advertising a book which we all went out to buy, or Jethro for using the f word and mf as well and other terminology, and what about the start of this ride on this forum then, the day I would not join because from my first post I was afraid that I could become involved with what a lot of doptors and what do I get what a lop of forum fragile manajer, guess you need yourself rather a lots and lots of tablets, why not try headaches, for the paras work you know

now no mores nop nuntil you get that sanction off my record and you all go terri profile etc. and you will see how long I am barred for. Not unlike war of the works now is it! And Rachael, you blithering idiotic young female, go get yourself sectioned if you want to, for that would be the next step forward for you through not being able to cope with lots and lots of voices through what, the devil incarnate and lots of people together at the same place with lots and lots of hoppers...... that was no hope people and I do not mean humans or anoids either

lops and lops of terrors are a comin your way and your wisdoms pauly het ta you are not wise

terri always goodbyes

R

rabina

Hi Terri,

No, it was not me.
I enjoyed reading thru your posts terri.
they often made me laugh and wonder which is good.
They took my mind off of the unpleasantness in life.
Some of your words would just pop into my head from nowhere and I would laugh or smile.....:)

You brought laughter, music, insight and your personality to this forum and I found it here so why not any others???
Don't worry about others; it's their snobbish problem if they can't see the good in someone.

Well, all I will say is take good care of yourself and take a much needed break.....

Follow your own path terri as you always do and so should everyone else...wish you all the best...

rabina

R

rabina

It has been suggested that mental telepathy could possibly be one way for communicating with those who hear voices.
I suppose that mental telepathy can be a possibility as a way for communication with some.
Could this possibly be the reasons people hear voices inside their heads as opposed with their ears???
Okay, the suggested method for dealing with this is to not look for the voices and to not want
to hear the voice(s) which I believe is an already given intention of any voice hearer.
This is an interesting concept; mental telepathy. ???
I do not believe that living human beings can transfer thoughts to anothers mind.
Our thoughts can be influenced by others though.
Now, can the spirit world communicate this way; I don't know. ???

T

terri

It has been suggested that mental telepathy could possibly be one way for communicating with those who hear voices.
I suppose that mental telepathy can be a possibility as a way for communication with some.
Could this possibly be the reasons people hear voices inside their heads as opposed with their ears???
Okay, the suggested method for dealing with this is to not look for the voices and to not want
to hear the voice(s) which I believe is an already given intention of any voice hearer.
This is an interesting concept; mental telepathy. ???
I do not believe that living human beings can transfer thoughts to anothers mind.
Our thoughts can be influenced by others though.
Now, can the spirit world communicate this way; I don't know. ???
Rabi girl

gosh, you, are not half behind the times. I been doin that for years. nowt to chuff off about, now then that prayer, does not have to go, what a good rhythm of the music, and what i do nop know are those words are nop yep up in whop a lop of news in. you are so behind the times...... go crosswords

treasures

now then, valiant points I know I made that day in choch offa Hingland, and what I said was, who got the inheritence. Lots of smells, lots of franks, lots of incence, lots of mhyrrs and lots and lots of gold...... Hassam, giz em back. now this min. Iknow full well you gots some. Otherwise, that oil does not half have to go offa offa offa and what we done gone and got the lots and lots and lots of souls on what a lot of insane um ta tas

am off for bubbles off a hevens and nop a hell in um

god on um

Icky's s'in and suns for sure