Order of Highs and Lows

M

myjourney2

Hey guys,

Just curious, do you usually have a high that's follow by a low, or a low and then followed by a high? I read that most people have highs (manic) and then a crash after (depression), but it seems I usually have a low period and then boost out of it.

And also, does your highs usually seasonal? Seems I also feel down in winter and get a boost in spring or summer.

N

natalie

Hi My journey 2,

I do have a touch of Bipolar myself, although I specalise interests more towards szchiophrenia conditions which I also have.

I always always find, I get to feel low in terms of the weather, so as of recent, I was very low on Thursday and Friday, didn't dawn on me then to have a dose of Fluxoetine to help me feel more lifted. And when ever there is a brighter cool dry and not too windier sunny day, I feel as you say on a high slightly, meaning happier in terms of a better weather day.

Any rain in tow though, ouch, I always do feel low and irritible combined. Roll on to April for better weather or would it be the case of April showers.... only time will then inform.

i'm Natalie, and I can often be located in the Szchiophrenia forum, or under Wellbeing Forums of MHF, and even if there is a forum, which I am not usually part of, I will step into that different forum to help out to support, advice and offer any trick tips along the way.

Best wishes.

M

myjourney2

Hi My journey 2,

I do have a touch of Bipolar myself, although I specalise interests more towards szchiophrenia conditions which I also have.

I always always find, I get to feel low in terms of the weather, so as of recent, I was very low on Thursday and Friday, didn't dawn on me then to have a dose of Fluxoetine to help me feel more lifted. And when ever there is a brighter cool dry and not too windier sunny day, I feel as you say on a high slightly, meaning happier in terms of a better weather day.

Any rain in tow though, ouch, I always do feel low and irritible combined. Roll on to April for better weather or would it be the case of April showers.... only time will then inform.

i'm Natalie, and I can often be located in the Szchiophrenia forum, or under Wellbeing Forums of MHF, and even if there is a forum, which I am not usually part of, I will step into that different forum to help out to support, advice and offer any trick tips along the way.

Best wishes.

Nice to meet you Natalie. I guess you can just call me M (really don't want to reveal even my name here in case people can identify me). Maybe too paranoid an sounds off-putting, but I hope you can understand.

The rain thing is really interesting. I never really considered rain to affect things. I really have to try to check out to see if it has an effect on my mood too.

Anyone else?

M

megirl

I find weather to have very little or no effect on my moods. Which can be frustrating. Seeing spring knowing there's going to be sun, warmer weather, new lambs, spring flowers growth and life, yet my depression wouldn't lift. That dark cloud lingers.

lamotrigine and that problems gone.
My mood may shift slightly if we've had several days of rain,a subtle change, an average persons experience I imagine.

With hypomania, the longer it lingers then the chance I could become depressed increases.
I have had a couple of episodes of hypomania, but short-lived and moods back to being stable again.
Havn't been depressed for some time now