• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Opportunities Bulletin

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
I have referred before to the PMHG's Opportunities Bulletin - it really is a wonderful resource for anyone in the Birmingham area. The April/May bulletin has just been produced. My problem is that with about 70 different things mentioned it is very difficult to summarise! I have started separate threads here - and try to mention - events/meetings/groups that I personally have some knowledge of or am going to attend, but will try now to give a summary.

For instance in respect of support groups there are ones for Young People, Carers, Gays and Lesbians Against Depression (GLAD - great acronym :)), Personality Disorder, Dementia Carers, Self Injury Support Service, Voice Hearers, Womens Support Group, Bipolar. If anyone wants further details on any of these let me know or feel free to publicise any group further here, as I do the Depression Support Group (the only one I have any personal knowledge of).

There are also sections in the Bulletin for Arts and Sport both with quite lengthy lists of possible activities.

The following are just a few one-off events which I am picking out of the bulletin....

Wednesday 16th April 10-2 Holistic Healing Event, Cadbury College, Learning Centre, Downland Close, Kings Norton - I think this is a kind of Open Day with various kinds of holistic therapy on offer.

Wednesday 16th April Heart of Birmingham User Voice Forum 1.00 to 3.00 Ground Floor, Magnolia House, Conybere Street, Highgate. Guest speaker is the performance manager of the New Showell Green Lane Hospital.

Sunday 27th April Vaisakhi Celebration (Sikh festival) Handsworth Park (the PMHG usually have a stall here)

Monday 26th May Birmingham Gay Pride Arcadian Centre/Hurst Street (again PMHG usually participate)

Nick.

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
The May/June Opportunities Bulletin is now out. As I said in the first post on this thread this really is an essential resource for anyone in Birmingham interested in Mental Health - the spectrum is enormous.

It is impossible to highlight or summarise but if anyone wants more information or to find out how to get on the mailing list just get in touch with me.

Nick.