• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Opinion wanted... Seroquel

Z

Zoroz

I am taking 500mg Seroquel with 2mg Risperdal. I have been taking Seroquel for many years and I am looking for opinions on what if any AP others have tried that were not as sedating. I have a appointment to discuss In a few days. At the very least I would like to stop the Seroquel and replace with another AP. Any thoughts, comments or ideas are appreciated... especially if you have switched from Seroquel to another AP. Thank You.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Aripiprazole
Amisulpride

Both were bad for me but were less sedating and weight gaining

C

Cocoa

Abilify isn't as sedating, but made me jittery as hell at a dose high enough to have an impact

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I was only on a low dose, just started, and it was extremely bad, but i know other people who do great on it. I know someone who had been on quetiapine and was pre diabetic, so switched to this and is better. She has schizoaffective disorder, quite bad. These are all people from a support group i went to.

L

Lab rat

Seroquel worked good for me, tiredness was not an issue as I took the lot at bedtime. I was on max dose, tbh it was a very good sleeper med. I can’t remember why they took me off it??? I’m on olanzapine 20mg and aripriprazole 10mg these days. No better, no worse.

L

Lab rat

I remember why they took me off it. I got a new shrink and like I said I was on the top dose in normal tablet form, the new doc put me on extended release version and I was dropping asleep all the while plus it painfully blocked my nose up.

I was perfectly ok with the instant release version for years, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it! I guess a new broom sweeps clean and the new doc wanted to make his mark.

Z

Zoroz

Aripiprazole
Amisulpride

Both were bad for me but were less sedating and weight gaining
Thanks for responding, Aripiprazole is a possibility. Amisulpride I don’t think is available in the US, don’t know why.

Z

Zoroz

Seroquel worked good for me, tiredness was not an issue as I took the lot at bedtime. I was on max dose, tbh it was a very good sleeper med. I can’t remember why they took me off it??? I’m on olanzapine 20mg and aripriprazole 10mg these days. No better, no worse.
Olanzapine and Arippripazole are possibilities... thanks for responding. I am not sleeping great yet so sleepy. Always drugged up in the morning. Tried spredaing out quietapine IR durung the day, no difference.

K

karl7

I am taking 500mg Seroquel with 2mg Risperdal. I have been taking Seroquel for many years and I am looking for opinions on what if any AP others have tried that were not as sedating. I have a appointment to discuss In a few days. At the very least I would like to stop the Seroquel and replace with another AP. Any thoughts, comments or ideas are appreciated... especially if you have switched from Seroquel to another AP. Thank You.
im on seroquel 800mg and olanzapine and dont find sedating a problem, but maybe thats just me

Z

Zoroz

Abilify isn't as sedating, but made me jittery as hell at a dose high enough to have an impact
Cocoa, I dont Like jittery... was it like you needed to move or a general anxious / nervous jittery? I have experienced Akathesia before and it’s torture...

S

salim

You can use half of a pill instead of a full tablet, and you can also take it six hours before the discussion time if you want to take the whole tablet.

Z

Zoroz

Tomorrow I will start tapering off Seroquel. Starting a new combination “Abilify with Risperdal”. Clonazepam, cogentin and gabapentin stay the same.