Opening Up To My Psychiatrist And Therapist

• Thread starter iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH2
  • Start date
I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH2

Hello y'all. I'm having trouble confronting both my psychiatrist and therapist. I feel like I can't tell them everything I need to. It leaves me in tears and gives me anxiety. I can't go into details for my spiritual safety. But it has to do with religious trauma. It also has to do with my therapist disrespecting me. I think she knows what she is doing like maybe testing me or something. I can't have a therapist like that. My psychiatrist is religious too. So I can't tell him the religious trauma I'm suffering. He might think I'm attacking his religion and insulting him. I'm a wimp I can't assert myself to my therapist. I can't tell my psychiatrist about my religious trauma. What do I do? Switching providers especially my psychiatrist is not an option. He is a very good provider. But I need to get better. Please help me? Any advise? Words of wisdom?

Shingle

Shingle

I wouldn't worry about offending them as it is just another opinion and we can all accept other people's opinions when it comes to everything, even religion. We are all different, and i am sure they don't expect you to think the same as them.

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH2

Thanks for your reply. My therapist gets on my nerves though. I told her about something that triggers me and she says it all the time during appointments. She even asked me if I wanted certain things that traumatized me!? I am very angry at her. But I'm a coward so I can't confront her. I miss my old therapist. To bad she stopped doing therapy. I don't know if switching therapists would even help. I've had more horrible therapists than good ones. I'm losing hope. I'm going backwards again instead of forward. I need to get better and stay better!

vanish

vanish

Forum Safety Team
Could you have someone you trust who knows your background of trauma come with you for support in your psychiatrist appointment? If he is a good practitioner, he should be able to put your needs in front of his beliefs. Religious trauma is a very real thing and he should be able to discuss and help you without being offended or insulted.
As for your therapist, could you email her so you wouldn’t have to be confrontational? Or write her a letter if they don’t give out emails to clients.

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH2

Thanks Vanish. She leaving the facility soon though. That is a good and a bad thing at the same time. 🤗

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I People 4