• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

Open Learn - Free courses with the Open University

rollinat

rollinat

Founding Member
I don't know if anyone is interested in online study but I have just been looking at the Open University site - I have done a couple of courses in the past when I have felt the need of some intellectual stimulation! - anyway, there are lots of taster courses which are free here:

http://openlearn.open.ac.uk/course/index.php

A wide range of topics and a good way of seeing if the subject interests you - most are, I think, snippets of existing or old courses that you have to pay for. Anyway, I am heading towards my phase of "what will I do with my life" which seems to happen every couple of years so am looking at doing some study at some point but don't want to over-commit at the moment, so this looks a good way of doing it. Of course whether I can motivate myself remains to be seen...

Hope this is useful to someone, anyway.

Rollinat

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hey - that sounds just like me - I have a crisis about every two years - this one just happened to knock me out completely.

Thanks for the link Rollinat.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I did do an openings course that went well the tutor was supportive except for suggesting i contact The Shaw Trust their leaflets are in the job centre and to this day i'm sensitive about that road.

Then i did a computing course, the tutor never phoned, he said as it was computing people should communicate by e mail, i paid for the course, i could in theory have got it free if i had got a benefit office stamp but was worried they'd get into work mode, the support worker suggested a psychiatrists letter saying it was therapeutic to show them but the psychiatrists lsecretary said she didn't have the time to produce one