• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Open Learn - Free courses with the Open University

rollinat

rollinat

Founding Member
I don't know if anyone is interested in online study but I have just been looking at the Open University site - I have done a couple of courses in the past when I have felt the need of some intellectual stimulation! - anyway, there are lots of taster courses which are free here:

http://openlearn.open.ac.uk/course/index.php

A wide range of topics and a good way of seeing if the subject interests you - most are, I think, snippets of existing or old courses that you have to pay for. Anyway, I am heading towards my phase of "what will I do with my life" which seems to happen every couple of years so am looking at doing some study at some point but don't want to over-commit at the moment, so this looks a good way of doing it. Of course whether I can motivate myself remains to be seen...

Hope this is useful to someone, anyway.

Rollinat

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hey - that sounds just like me - I have a crisis about every two years - this one just happened to knock me out completely.

Thanks for the link Rollinat.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I did do an openings course that went well the tutor was supportive except for suggesting i contact The Shaw Trust their leaflets are in the job centre and to this day i'm sensitive about that road.

Then i did a computing course, the tutor never phoned, he said as it was computing people should communicate by e mail, i paid for the course, i could in theory have got it free if i had got a benefit office stamp but was worried they'd get into work mode, the support worker suggested a psychiatrists letter saying it was therapeutic to show them but the psychiatrists lsecretary said she didn't have the time to produce one