• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Oops ....

L

Lilleigh

Hi! I'm, well, at this point I don't really who I am. I wanna talk to someone, but I don't want to talk to anyone... I'd rather they just read my mind. I wanna talk to someone, but I don't know what to talk about .... what do I talk about? Which part? How do I give what's in my head to others? How do I know that they actually want to know? .... aarghh.... oh well I guess, maybe one day I'll shrink so small that I'll actually disappear!

Bizzarebitrary

Bizzarebitrary

Hi and welcome to the forums. Those questions you're asking seem very familiar to me because they've been a part of my internal dialog about mental health.

In this peer support community you've got people who get it because we're all struggling with something. Opening up and starting a dialog can be a powerful, effective way to express the thoughts and emotions that are locked up inside you. Your anonymity allows you to be more honest than you might be in a face-to-face.

Perhaps you've already read some stories here but if not, you'll find some that mirror your own. I live with Major Depressive Disorder and Generalized Anxiety Disorder and I'm taking medication and going to therapy to treat them.

In response to your question "what do I talk about?", you could begin a dialog by just telling us how you're feeling today.

I'm feeling sort of tired today and a little anxious because my therapist is out with a cold so my therapy group was cancelled. I have some decisions I need to make soon which is why I'm anxious.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Hi! I'm, well, at this point I don't really who I am. I wanna talk to someone, but I don't want to talk to anyone... I'd rather they just read my mind. I wanna talk to someone, but I don't know what to talk about .... what do I talk about? Which part? How do I give what's in my head to others? How do I know that they actually want to know? .... aarghh.... oh well I guess, maybe one day I'll shrink so small that I'll actually disappear!
Hi and welcome :welcome:

We are all here to listen if you feel comfortable with sharing about your experiences. Don’t hesitate to participate in other posts with what you know. It can be a beneficial for someone here.
Feel free to vent if you ever need to 🙂
We all do not once😏 it’s a method of relief.

Foxjo

Foxjo

Hi and welcome to the forum! :welcome:
Sometimes just writing down the questions that float around your head can help take them out of your head space. I know i have done that a lot in the past. Random thoughts whirl around my mind so i write them down. Sometimes i can make sense of them and where they have come from, sometimes not.
Have a look around the forum and join in when you feel able
Hugs
Fox