Online psychiatrist?

S

spacingspaces

i'm in an extremely bad place right now and i've been let down by my mental health clinic. They don't have any fully trained psychiatrists and make me wait 6 weeks for an appointment each time which i can't do as i can't even leave my house when i'm this bad. They haven't given me any diagnosis apart from trying to work on the anxiety that i have. I feel like there is much more than just anxiety at play since my symptom list is like over a page long. I need to speak to a psychiatrist through text only and hopefully they can diagnose me and help me. I am willing to pay them obviously. Does anyone know of any i can get in contact with? I am desperate.

E

EstherRose94

There’s an app! Let me check the name I used to use it

E

EstherRose94

It’s called talkspace. My therapist on there was really sweet. There’s some lag in responses sometimes but you can also text whenever and they’ll just answer when they can. It was helpful for the in between before irl therapy for me, just someone to listen and be like “you’re fine, don’t panic”.

J

Jules5

I know how you feel waiting. I had that happen to me when I moved-they were 6 months behind and I was on some serious medications. I just traveled long distance to my old gp to get my meds. I hated going that far once I had a varmit-rat or squirrel in my truck Scared me to death. I have been blessed to finally have services where I live without a wait.

Do not fall apart just keep posting and learning about your options. Google online therapy there are a ton of them now it is legal in the USA to go online for treatment. Wish I could be of more help. Lots of love and hugs and good luck I know you will find somebody even here on the forum. If you need me I am here. I just can not prescribe medications.

S

spacingspaces

It’s called talkspace. My therapist on there was really sweet. There’s some lag in responses sometimes but you can also text whenever and they’ll just answer when they can. It was helpful for the in between before irl therapy for me, just someone to listen and be like “you’re fine, don’t panic”.
Thanks but i'm looking to speak to someone who can find a diagnosis and treatment plan for me rather than just talk therapy.

S

spacingspaces

I know how you feel waiting. I had that happen to me when I moved-they were 6 months behind and I was on some serious medications. I just traveled long distance to my old gp to get my meds. I hated going that far once I had a varmit-rat or squirrel in my truck Scared me to death. I have been blessed to finally have services where I live without a wait.

Do not fall apart just keep posting and learning about your options. Google online therapy there are a ton of them now it is legal in the USA to go online for treatment. Wish I could be of more help. Lots of love and hugs and good luck I know you will find somebody even here on the forum. If you need me I am here. I just can not prescribe medications.
Thanks i appreciate the gesture! I'm in a position at the moment where i can't leave my house yet i need to be working with a psychiatrist. I was meant to be going to college on the 2nd of september but thats probbaly not likely now.

E

EstherRose94

Thanks but i'm looking to speak to someone who can find a diagnosis and treatment plan for me rather than just talk therapy.
They could like give suggestions of diagnoses but I don’t think they could prescribe meds or make it official.

HauntedWitch

HauntedWitch

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I need to speak to a psychiatrist through text only and hopefully they can diagnose me and help me. I am willing to pay them obviously. Does anyone know of any i can get in contact with? I am desperate.
I did a search last year and a found a variety of online psychological and counseling services. Frequently they use chat or secure email. Where I live, you can't use just any site; you have to make sure they're certified for your state. I don't know what the situation is for online psych help in your area. Anyway, I ended up going to an offline counselor, deciding that I can probably communicate better face to face than via email. Best of luck. I hope you get the help you need!

S

spacingspaces

They could like give suggestions of diagnoses but I don’t think they could prescribe meds or make it official.
Yeah that's not for me right now. I need someone to put a plan in place to help me recover.

S

spacingspaces

I did a search last year and a found a variety of online psychological and counseling services. Frequently they use chat or secure email. Where I live, you can't use just any site; you have to make sure they're certified for your state. I don't know what the situation is for online psych help in your area. Anyway, I ended up going to an offline counselor, deciding that I can probably communicate better face to face than via email. Best of luck. I hope you get the help you need!
Thanks. I feel like i need to go back on a proper antidepressant. Mirtazapine helps mostly with the sleep but that's it. The problem is i have college on the 2nd of september and my next appointment isn't until the 25th.

HauntedWitch

HauntedWitch

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Yeah that's not for me right now. I need someone to put a plan in place to help me recover.
There are a lot of books re. recovery from illness. Look first at the library or bookstore under Health, Recovery under that, and then subdivided into various types of recovery -- anything from surgery recovery to relationship recovery. Some books do contain detailed plans, which can be tailored to the reader's specific needs. It's not as great as talking to someone maybe, but it's an option to tide you over until you can get outside again.

HauntedWitch

HauntedWitch

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thanks. I feel like i need to go back on a proper antidepressant. Mirtazapine helps mostly with the sleep but that's it. The problem is i have college on the 2nd of september and my next appointment isn't until the 25th.
Again, I can only say what I would do in your situation, but options may be different where you live. If it was me, I would either go to a walk-in clinic (we have lots here) or call my PCP's office and say it's urgent. Then I'd ask to get on a temporary mild anti-anxiety med.

S

spacingspaces

Again, I can only say what I would do in your situation, but options may be different where you live. If it was me, I would either go to a walk-in clinic (we have lots here) or call my PCP's office and say it's urgent. Then I'd ask to get on a temporary mild anti-anxiety med.
I'm gonna try call the nurse tomorrow and ask him to put me on an antidepressant but i asked him the last time we talked and he said to wait til my psychiatrist appointment.

S

spacingspaces

I was actually starting to feel better for the past few days but today i went way downhill. I think it's because i didn't sleep much last night.