• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Online free therapy?

W

Weeping_Willow

Does anyone know whether there are any free online therapy resources. I am desperate right now but can't go out and am in a different country but can't go home because my OCD is so bad that I feel that I will. Contaminate my home if I go home to the US so staying with my sister in the UK after my parents who are elderly couldn't deal with me and my sister is at the end of her tether too.
I feel so trapped as I just want to go home.
I feel like I am living in a nightmare right now that I can't wake up from. I even had a clean bedroom at my parents and they promised tahtno one would go in and within 3 days my mum went in to pick up a few pieces of paper towels fom the floor and I had even offered to pick them up and take a shower before I went to my sisters and her reply was 'don' t bother as no one will go in'. She must have told me 20 times that no one would go in. I had even offered to close the door and she said to leave it open, but after she went in she now put what she sees as a band-aid by closing the door so even more touched. She could have even asked me first to see if it would be okay. I feel really betrayed and I needed that clean as I have to go back and I take a shower and the room was clean and where my towel etc. is. It is just another thing for me to figure out how to fix and I don't know how.
I am just crying all the time.

bpd2020

bpd2020

I am so sorry you are feeling so distressed. I would google free therapy and see what comes up. I think therapy is a very good idea. If you are in the UK you may be able to get counselling by seeing your GP. They usually offer 6 sessions.

P

Purpleplum

If you look online, make sure it's a reputable therapist from a known organization that you talk to.

W

Weeping_Willow

Thank you both. It is really bad right now. I have ever felt so helpless before. Always just coped with it but have no control over anything right now.

W

Weeping_Willow

Great resource but going to therapy in person would be difficult right now and I am also not ordinarily resident the UK so ineligible for free NHS services. Thank you for the information though.

calypso

calypso

Admin
Be very careful of online therapy that claims to be free. It rarely is in actuality and can become very expensive quite quickly. It is much better that you get a real therapist who can help you via zoom meetings or something. Look up BACAP or BAC after their names - its a British standard for genuine therapists - then look them up on the list of these organisations to make sure they are telling the truth. Be very careful though.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Absurd2020reality Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1