one night of sleep jolts has turned on my insomnia/anxiety switch

R

rich

ok so far it has been about two strong weeks I gotta say. Im a person who has suffered from insomnia/anxiety years ago at one time. Its been so long ago that I kinda forgot the year.

So I think two weeks ago I suffered a small case of sleep jolts. The jolts made me remember my old insomnia feelings. And now I think I fully have the sickness again. The difference now is that I have a job and I need to be strong at my job. When it first started I was scared to DEATH. But after a few days I think I did get a small amount of rest from time to time. But for the past 4 or 5 days I have now formed this terrible energy in my body where I feel completely helpless. I cant find my sleep anymore. The feeling of relaxing is GONE!!! Also let me say that for years now I have been dealing with a stomach bacteria issue (hope to god its not cancer), and I'm still taking antibiotics for them. The stomach doctors went into my stomach and found nothing. But the bad bacteria is still there till this day. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with my insomnia. The doctor today at the emergency room said it doesn't have anything to do with my sleep. I'm just so upset that my mind went crazy over two small sleep jolts. And I'm back again crying, tossing and lying in my bed.

The reason why I signed up tonight was that I went to the hospital tonight. And they gave me a small Xanax. The doctor didn't kinda want me to take it. I also heard so many bad things about it. She wanted me to try regular sleeping aids. But she gave me some. While in the hospital I did feel at ease and I think I even slept for a bit (two hours). Ok cool I thought. But when I get home, feeling nice and tired, I lay down, and while laying down I once again I feel my body resisting. I felt this thick pressure in my head while lying down. I always feel and think all kind of things while lying down. All these weird things are going on in my body while I'm trying to relax. Is this anxiety??? Stress??? Depression?? Panic attack??…...I guess the fear of my old enemy insomnia made this all happen. I was a huge fear in the back of my head that I thought was behind me. I'm doing so good at my job and when things were starting to get better this happens. I'm about to go outside in get a pack of cigarettes at6 4am in the morning. I don't want my family to worry. Its been two weeks I think so far of up and down sleeping. The last four days I felt like I didn't sleep at all.

Again I thought this could never happen to me again. But it did. And it seems like its real bad this time for some reason. Im kinda scared. The horrible thoughts are back. I always like to stay natural but I feel I might need to see someone this time.

I now have a doctors appointment Thursday. I have a pretty physical job, I hope today that I can make it there (called out a few times) and hopefully work this demon out of me. I truly believe that the physical work from this job has kept me free from this evil for these years.

Would love to hear from someone about this. Thanks so much

R

rich

Good Update.

Well something amazing happened today. I got sleep. And I do believe that it had to do with me pouring my heart out to you guys here on this forum. I also wanted to say. Not sure if this is a cure or not, but with me getting a little sleep this lets me know that "you can sleep".....You can keep calm. Your body wants to get better. When your going threw all this pain and evil, hope will always be there.

Another thing that helped me. lol one of my family members who sleeps all day long. I asked him, what do you do when you get into your bed and get your sleep. Because when we go threw something like this we forget. When you go threw that much pain, you will forget how to relax. They told me don't try to force your sleep. When you get into your bed the first thing that has to happen is that you have to get comfortable first. I forgot these things. Because when I got in bed during my worst times, the bed was more of a task. I hated getting into my bed. While going threw the insomnia and anxiety, it makes you forget that relaxing was something we always do when we get into your bed. Get into your bed. get some light music or something playing low in the background. Do not just get into your bed and expect or suppose that your sleep is suppose to come.

Again today was a small break threw. And I just wanted to share quicks thoughts on what helped me.

god bless you all

R

rich

Well after a good day rest, thanks to one of my family members. The night time has once again failed me. I gotta say that the worst time I had with this recent insomnia has happened in the night. After a terrible attempt at trying to get sleep tonight, I got up with this strong tension in my chest.

Can someone explain this strong tension happening with my chest. Could that be the fear/anxiety in my body? Maybe the failed sleep? Because this thickness in my chest has now made me not get back in the bed

Is this a form of stress or depression im dealing with here???

Thanks

8damien8

Sounds similar to what I am going through right now.

I missed one night of sleep in early March, and it set off my fear of not being able to sleep once again.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Anxiety Forum 95
N Anxiety Forum 3
P Anxiety Forum 3
S Anxiety Forum 4
LouisaMogs Anxiety Forum 2