• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

One for the ladies

L

Lady Summer Isles

Hi all
I was just wondering in there are any more let's say mature ladies here on site;)

I think I've started the menopause but I can't be sure as I had a hysterectomy 7 years ago, I'm now almost 50 - next week:eek:

Anyway I've had what I thought was the odd hot flush but also thought it could just be my anxiety, but for the last week or so I've been getting nightly sweats. They come on really quickly and my whole body is affected. I also feel a sudden surge of adrenelin when this happens,

I'm sure it's all normal -just wish I knew if it was the menopause and how long the flushes will last for if it is.

Will have to look some stuff up on the net. Nobody really tells you about it do they? You get told at school about your periods etc but not the other side of things.

Also any advice on what to do for the sweats would be appreciated.

Knew I would be hot stuff one day:LOL:

Lady T

E

eternaljourney

I don't know when my menopause will arrive either, I'm post hyst too. I'm 37 this year and was told that some women go into the menopause with ovaries retained in the first year, then there's a 50/50 chance of an early one. I had a total when I just turned 34 so still a chance of an early one but I try not to think about it. I have the other symptoms of hormone changes minus the obvious one that obviously doesn't happen anymore.
I'm sure the hot flushes are good indication but maybe your doc will do a hormone test for you.
Good luck with it :hug:
Eternal x

G

ginger

I don't know when my menopause will arrive either, I'm post hyst too. I'm 37 this year and was told that some women go into the menopause with ovaries retained in the first year, then there's a 50/50 chance of an early one. I had a total when I just turned 34 so still a chance of an early one but I try not to think about it. I have the other symptoms of hormone changes minus the obvious one that obviously doesn't happen anymore.
I'm sure the hot flushes are good indication but maybe your doc will do a hormone test for you.
Good luck with it :hug:
Eternal x
I am in my late 50ties and I have been going through menopause fo 8yrs now Hot flushes Night sweats headaches, up tp 10 aday drove me mad but slowing down this last 6 months they can give you a urine test to see if its happening at the doctors thats what i had , you can go on hormon treatment which i wanted to but my mother died of cancer and they said theres a slight risk it can cause cancer so they would not let me have it , but you might be alright . good luck