• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

One Alter hates therapy

jems89

jems89

One of my alters seems to absolutely hate therapy and get very angry and upset by it which leads to them taking control after the therapy session and basically going on the rampage .... this only really happens after a therapy session. It's led to me getting arrested twice and section 136'd twice.
It's extremely scary and I don't know how to stop it?

L

lovagemuffin

hi jems yeah the alters are to protect you right from pain and therapy can be about facing pains.
tell your therapist exactly what is going on maybe this therapy isn't whats right for you at the moment hope you can talk to him her about it. hang in therexxxxxxxxxxx

StillFighting

StillFighting

I know I've felt like that more times than I can count. I've tried to discuss it with my therapist, although the discussion itself seems a challenge as well.

Do you think you can discuss this with your therapist? I'm not sure if there's a way to somehow stop it, but it is a feeling you have, and since it is affecting you so much I think it's important that it is addressed.

jems89

jems89

I've discussed it with my therapist and he said he isn't 100% sure why my nasty alter always takes over and causes trouble after a session, but he is going to try and speak to her before she leaves this week. I think she just feels like she doesn't need therapy and that this therapist is prying in to her life and it's making her angry, and she does tend to fester on things