• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

On top of it all. The love of my life left me today.

FallingLeaves

FallingLeaves

I promise it will get better - life always has potential to get better than it is right now. Hold on xx

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

I hope things improve for you.

TooMuchPain

TooMuchPain

I’m sorry you are hurting right now. The end of a relationship sucks. It’s okay to hurt. Please don’t let it destroy you. Tell us what is happening with you.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
It may help to have a look at these two pages on the forum: Suicidal Crisis and Mental Health Forum - Getting Help about what to do if you're feeling suicidal, or if you need emergency help. I hope you can use the forum for support during this difficult time.

If you’re thinking about suicide and are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (i.e. in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111) or call the international emergency number of 112.

If you have been affected by the contents of this thread and would like to speak to someone about your feelings you can call one of the following helplines:

In the UK and Ireland, the Samaritans can be contacted on 116 123.
In the US, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, the crisis support service Lifeline is on 13 11 14.
In New Zealand, the Need to Talk service is on 1737 or 080017371737.
Other international helplines can be found at www.befrienders.org.

S

Stuttery

Former member
I am sorry you're feeling this way and that this happened to you. Find someone to talk to about this. You can also talk to the people on this forum. I hope you feel better soon.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Life is really hard which is why we need to take such good care of ourselves and do everything we can to make a nice and safe life.

Breakups are like bereavements and they hurt very badly, especially in those first days. I find it helps to think of it all as it being their decision to end the relationship. They have decided and so there is nothing we can do as we cannot control other people's decisions.

You can only make decisions for yourself.

If it is definitely over, you will need to start making a life for yourself, think what makes you happy like swimming in the sea or eating certain foods, painting. If she? changes her mind later, you can then think about what you are going to do.

People breaking up with us, it is not all about us. It doesn't always mean we have done something wrong or there is something wrong with us. People, we have to let them do what they want to do which is hard.

I was broken up with after 2.5 years and it felt so out of the blue, i was devastated. Looking back, i can see there were clear signs that i missed, that he did not love me in the way i wanted to be loved. The standard i expected of a partner, he did not meet that but at the time i thought he was perfect for me.

What did she say?

JessisMe

JessisMe

Hi there I’m so sorry that you are going through this at the moment. It must feel incredibly painful to deal with the feelings that come from having broken up. Love can come after for you. The qualities that this person saw in you that made you a desirable partner other people will see too. It’s okay to feel the absolute desolation and depression that you may be feeling now. But there are possibilities here of new things coming to you after you have healed some. You just have to be patient with yourself and the grieving process and give yourself some time. We do care here and seek to support others through tough times so please keep posting. xo, j

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
How are you doing today @Kroovy?

I'm doing a little better each day, you see the woman who I thought could love me for who I am and I loved back took her own life on the 5th of July, hearing voices can be a terrible affliction and she just couldn't handle it any more.

She'd been hearing them for 15 years and struggled with them daily, they were single minded and constantly encouraged her to kill herself.

I've only been hearing this voice in my head for 5 years and it doesn't seem to get any easier.

But I have to carry on because I don't want the other people in my life who love me to feel the way I do now.

K

Kroovy

How are you doing today @Kroovy?

I'm doing a little better each day, you see the woman who I thought could love me for who I am and I loved back took her own life on the 5th of July, hearing voices can be a terrible affliction and she just couldn't handle it any more.

She'd been hearing them for 15 years and struggled with them daily, they were single minded and constantly encouraged her to kill herself.

I've only been hearing this voice in my head for 5 years and it doesn't seem to get any easier.

But I have to carry on because I don't want the other people in my life who love me to feel the way I do now.
Not well

2Much2Feel

Please hang in there. We all go through this, the heartbreak. It always feels like the end and like no one will measure up again, but they will. I'm old enough to have been through this so many times, and always I thought it was all over. It's not. Time does heal. Give yourself time. Reach out to someone, grieve in your way (music, etc.), let it out and in time you will heal. You have a lot of people pulling for you. xx