• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

on the outside looking in

L

lifecangetbetter

does anyone else feel like an outsider? like you aren't experiencing this consciousness like the others you are with? i feel detached from people, like they are a completely separate consciousness than me. i make alot of things about me and its so frustrating and i cant change it.

F

Fairy Fountain

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I feel the same way a lot. It was worse without medication. I felt like my mind was floating away from reality. Like I wasn't real or something. And then there's the problem I have when it comes to being around other people because I get so nervous and have trouble talking to them.

Therapy helps me with it. I really think therapy is helpful.

P

PastelKittenX

Born in Portugal, living in the UK (Norfolk)
Im still unsure. I'm very aware of my own consciousness. I sometimes wonder if everything (nature, people, reality) is just a hologram or the matrix.
But sometimes I think differently. I think everyone has consciousness. If we are all conscious, then it makes sense that we are all one.

L

lifecangetbetter

this is how i feel! floating! i feel like I'm floating and i feel like i melt sometimes. i feel like I'm melting into the universe. its so upsetting. i feel like nobody else has to deal with this . i get SUPER nervous. like they are judging my every movement. i know i move slowly and my eyes are easy to read. if there's a God he makes us separate on EVERY level. gender, race, religion, marital status, occupational status. i mean it seriously goes on forever

L

Lab rat

It’s called dissociation, and it’s made worse by long term stress.

L

lifecangetbetter

i knew it. i knew i was dissociating. its so strange that melting makes me comfortable. it makes me feel like I'm part of something. like I'm actually with everyone. my stomach is empty and full at the same time. and it hurts

L

Lab rat

It further breaks down to derealization and depersonalisation. Means basically feeling nothing is real/that you are not real. Wiki is pretty interesting if you’re motivated enough to read it

L

lifecangetbetter

I'm really upset. I don't even feel like I'm all that real. I have a degree and am shocked that I have one sometimes. It's really upsetting. Does it get worse? I'm actually wishing I could see myself melting more often. That's a hallucination I welcome with open arms. To feel like I'm part of something