• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

On the edge of relapse

A

AlphaWhiskey

Hi all. I recently joined this forum hoping to gain some additional support. I have struggled with and eating disorder for over 15 years. I have been through treatment and am currently working with a therapist and dietician. I felt like I was making continual progress in recovery, but recently my husband and I have come to some hard realizations about our marriage and are likely going to divorce. I am finding it really tough not to turn to food control and overexercise to ease my sadness and anxiety, but it is so appealing to me. I have many supportive friends and family, but I can tell this is more of a relapse because I don't want to talk about it with anyone. I guess I felt like this was the best I could do right now. Most of me want to completely crater, but I know there is something in there that wants to fight. Thanks for reading

O

Orangeade

Hi all. I recently joined this forum hoping to gain some additional support. I have struggled with and eating disorder for over 15 years. I have been through treatment and am currently working with a therapist and dietician. I felt like I was making continual progress in recovery, but recently my husband and I have come to some hard realizations about our marriage and are likely going to divorce. I am finding it really tough not to turn to food control and overexercise to ease my sadness and anxiety, but it is so appealing to me. I have many supportive friends and family, but I can tell this is more of a relapse because I don't want to talk about it with anyone. I guess I felt like this was the best I could do right now. Most of me want to completely crater, but I know there is something in there that wants to fight. Thanks for reading
Thank you sharing! Im glad to hear that you’re working with a dietician and therapist! I hope we can help you. Sending love x

4LeafClover

4LeafClover

@AlphaWhiskey
I completely understand where you’re coming from. I am so sorry your going through a tough time right now I am sending my love your way<3
I’m glad you chose to share your thoughts and perspective on this platform where you are heard and understood.
Just keep in mind that you’re trying your best. Even if it’s not necessarily recovered or recovery habits.
You’re doing great just figuring it out every step of the way. And you should be proud with how far you’ve come even in order to reach out and share, or understand what is going on within your mind and thoughts. That’s commendable;)
Pls message me anytime to talk:) I am always here for help or support<3