• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

On The Buses

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
I ought to have mentioned this before, but a meeting I was at this morning reminded me :rolleyes:.

An organisation in Birmingham was commissioned to make a short film for use in training bus-drivers about the needs/difficulties which people with various mental health issues might have using the buses. They have used the film in training sessions for Travel West Midlands (I think I have the title right!!:)) and apparently it has been very successful. The organisation is now trying to get bus companies in other parts of the country interested. If you think that would be something worth pursuing in your locality (with whoever provides the buses) let me know and I can supply details of the organisation. The film was made with service users and actual service users appear (rather than actors).

I like this idea because it is highly practical and takes SUI out beyond just various bits of the NHS - and after all it is not just the NHS which needs to take account of us and our needs.

Nick.

yodel

yodel

Founding Member
Thats brilliant Nick

What a good idea. I would like details if you have got them to feedback to team members at work maybe I could feedback that info into the Moving People strategy?

Thanks
Kerry

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Thanks Yodel - I think that would be excellent.

I will send you the details in a pm.

Nick.

yodel

yodel

Founding Member
Hi Nick

I have passed the information to the relevant person at the Moving People Campaign.

Yodel :)