• Welcome! If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

On my own

Q

quality factor

I'm on my own. My anxiety and upset is extreme at the moment.
This morning I had to have my precious dog Scamp put to sleep. He had a worsening heart condition. I am distraught but have been trying to compose myself all day.
The house feels so empty. He's been my loyal companion for 15 years. He's helped to get me through hard times and I wouldn't be here now if it wasn't for him.
To say I feel dreadful is an understatement.

rollinat

rollinat

Founding Member
I'm so sorry to hear your news - pets are so much more than just animals, (and easier to get on with than people a lot of the time).

Look after yourself :grouphug:

C

cotswoldhedges

Aw shucks, that's so sad. I feel for you man.

But think for a moment....

You gave him a real nice life. You were his best friend, his shoulder to cry on, his playmate, his cuddler, the one in which he trusted.
And then you gave him the nicest release from his pain, you allowed him to go to sleep forever.

It takes a special person like you to do that.

So please don't beat yourself up, remember the fun times, and get yourself another. Another won't fill the hole that's left, but will help you, and you can help them, in exactly the same way and more.

Rest Peacefully Little One, and be there to meet me, when I come over the Rainbow Bridge too one day. :hug:

J

jamesdean

You are in my thoughts qf, sorry to hear that news, my only advice is that time is an healer:hug::hug:

Q

quality factor

Thanks for your kind words and thoughts. I knew the day had to come but never realised how hard it woud be. The house is so quiet and souless at the moment..such a void.
Hopefully I will be able to give another pup the same kind of life that Scamp had.
QF.