• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

On Mirtazapine, All I want to do is sleep.

N

nichola99

Hi all, just want some advice. I went from 15mg to 30mg a couple of weeks ago and all I want to do is sleep I can't keep my eyes opened I'm sleeping 12+ hours at night then for 4 hours or more a day, my face has also broke out in spots.

V

Violets

This is what happened to me when taking mirtazapine. I was constantly exhausted & drowsy and my limbs felt heavy. I couldn't function on it and had to come off after a couple of months. x

N

nichola99

thanks for your reply, I'm going to make an appointment and tell them I'm coming off it I'm like a zombie and can't stop eating as well x

J

JungleGym

I'm the same. On it I'm like a zombie and sleep all the time, off it I'm like a zombie because I can't sleep without it. I'm still on it though because I would rather be a zombie and have a bit of sleep than be a zombie without any sleep...if that makes sense, lol.

V

Violets

omg the eating!! i was the same. i hated that damn drug!! i didnt know who i was anymore when i was taking it. as soon as i came off it a fog was lifted. i went onto effexor after that and it was excellent. xx

A

angel10

I took it for about 2 months. I was Constantly tired and hungry

N

nichola99

Lol I'm the same, all though I was fine on 15mg. I was only put up because I'm not feeling better with the lows, will ask them to reduce it to 15mg again and speak to the pdoc at my next appointment

V

Violets

I'm the same. On it I'm like a zombie and sleep all the time, off it I'm like a zombie because I can't sleep without it. I'm still on it though because I would rather be a zombie and have a bit of sleep than be a zombie without any sleep...if that makes sense, lol.
I was put on it because of my sleep problems involved with my anxiety and i read the reason it helps u sleep is because it has antihistamine properties in it so i just find the 'drowsy' antihistamines as opposed to non drowsy at the chemist and if im having trouble sleeping take one of them and it works!

N

nichola99

My pdoc mentioned that we would need to re-think my meds if they don't help but my next appointment is not for another 2 months

N

nichola99

Exactly why I was put on it too
I was put on it because of my sleep problems involved with my anxiety and i read the reason it helps u sleep is because it has antihistamine properties in it so i just find the 'drowsy' antihistamines as opposed to non drowsy at the chemist and if im having trouble sleeping take one of them and it works!

catkin

catkin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
hi
I was on this for years, was told that 30mg is the worst dose for causing drowsiness. I went up to 45 and was ok on that. Good luck

P

PyroInsomniac

I was on it for a fair few months, the drowsyness eventually wore off. As to weight.... I actually managed to lose a stone on it. Eventually went up to 45mg but spent most my time on 30mg.

N

nichola99

I was the same with the quetiapine and had to stop that due to the sedation part as I have a toddler to look after, but its a catch 22 situation as I end up going mad when I don't sleep. I am just going to take half of the mirtazapine tonight and try speak to the doc asap

piglet

piglet

I'm on 30 mg Mirt and I agree, it is bad for making you sleepy and eat and it make my backne flair up a bit :(
I think the reason I was put on it was because of my insomnia and I was really underweight.

N

nichola99

I don't know what to do piglet just so confused was diagnosed with bipolar II nearly a year ago was on quetiapine I'm now off that and on 200mg lamotrigine and was put on 15mg of mirtazapine for anxiety, but at my last appointment 2 weeks ago they said to go up to 30mg cause I don't feel the lamotrigine is helping that much now with the lows. I'm just fed up as I want the medication to help I don't wanna change it again and be back to square one