• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

on behalf of myself and my boyfriend

Sarah

Sarah

My boyfriend of two years just joined this forum and I am unspeakably proud of him for taking such a positive and proactive step in his recovery. I am sarah, his carer and am just here hoping get some advice on how I can try to support and help him when he is down. I thinking that for us both (but mainly him) this forum might mean we just feel less isolated and alone which is sometimes the scariest thing of all.

He doesn't have a formal diagnosis yet but thinks that all the signs are pointing to schizophrenia - if it turns out to be that, I'll learn how to spell it properly then - or PTSD. He is, as of this weekend, having severe desires to hurt himself but is controlling them as best he can, and this forum seems to have done the trick for which I am truly greatful.

I hope to be back soon and speak to all of you.
Best Wishes,
Sarah

D

Dollit

Welcome Sarah and if you want our opinions or help all you have to do is ask and you'll get it. I'm glad you both got here. This place has a little bit of a magical feel, it's very special and you're more than welcome to join us.

Libra1

Libra1

Founding Member
Hi Sarah and :welcome: to MHF :) Hope you soon make many new friends here :hug:

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Hi Sarah and welcome to the forum. Im sure there will be plenty of people to give advice to you.

xx

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
My boyfriend of two years just joined this forum and I am unspeakably proud of him for taking such a positive and proactive step in his recovery. I am sarah, his carer and am just here hoping get some advice on how I can try to support and help him when he is down. I thinking that for us both (but mainly him) this forum might mean we just feel less isolated and alone which is sometimes the scariest thing of all.

He doesn't have a formal diagnosis yet but thinks that all the signs are pointing to schizophrenia - if it turns out to be that, I'll learn how to spell it properly then - or PTSD. He is, as of this weekend, having severe desires to hurt himself but is controlling them as best he can, and this forum seems to have done the trick for which I am truly greatful.

I hope to be back soon and speak to all of you.
Best Wishes,
Sarah

Hello and :welcome: Sarah :flowers:

Sarah

Sarah

Thanks guys, we're having a pretty bad weekend, I have been violently ill and am just getting better and now have managed to give it to Drew which is very considerate of me. I think I'll have to pop over to Tesco and get some medicine so will have to check out the rest of the forum later on!

blackdog

blackdog

Founding Member
Hello Sarah, and :welcome:

I

inzie

Founding Member
Well done you...

Well done for your support and welcome. I'm sure you'll find the friendship and support that you need.

Just a thought - with your significant other and his desire to self harm - I have a history of SH - I do it/ did it to relieve emotional pain. I was given a top tip in the past couple of months - When I feel the desire to SH I get myself a handful of ice cubes - the 'hit' isn't as quick but it seems to do the job for me.

Cheers

Chris

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi Sarah and welcome to the forum. Just to say that I've got a lot out of the forum in the short time that I've been a member and hope that you and your boyfriend also benefit - it is realy useful to have somewhere you can come to - even if it's just for a browse of the latest posts but of course it's also great to get feedback on posts from people who share similar issues. Good luck and if you can enjoy - we can be fun here too!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Introduce Yourself 4
E Introduce Yourself 4
S Introduce Yourself 1
Y Introduce Yourself 2
M Introduce Yourself 3