• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

OMG

S

Shadow

I can't stand, I mean I really can't stand argumentative people!! I was at the dinner table eating, I was going through my food and was getting full and briefly starred out of the window... I was lectured on the "importance" of food and exercise by my Dad... I mean, wtf??? Where'd this come from!?

I responded by basically saying "concern yourself with yourself"... anyway he continued to raise his voice and shout about me in third person to the rest of the family in the next room, despite sitting right next to me... then went back on chewing his food of which I could hear all manner and process of the breaking down of food in his mouth (Which wound me up even more.)

Upon finishing his meal he went into the living room of which I began having a conversation with my Mum, trying to explain my actions yesterday when my brother and his girlfriend came round... it wasn't easy. Anyway, my Dad was eavesdropping and took whatever he heard one way to try to develop another argument with.

I finally (gritting my teeth) went upstairs to my room... of which I could then hear discussions about MY behavior which then continued by my Mum all the way upstairs to my door.

I need to vent otherwise I'll end up doing something unpleasant. What gives anyone the right to give comment about someone not only by ignoring their presence but also demeaning them?? I was minding my own business, I don't see why this even happened... I find my Dad is a very difficult person to get along with... in fact more so than anyone else. Am I being irrational?

Last edited:
KP1

KP1

Founding Member
Families-we love them but they are hard work.

ellamental

ellamental

Founding Member
families are best kept at arms length

Hi:)
This is probably not much help really but just a quick line to say that it won't always be this way. Thats a bit of cliche as is..you choose your friends and not your family etc etc I had very difficult relationship with my dad too and left under a cloud. Life got better and better eventually and although we do not have a normal relationship we do at least see each other occassionally now and it is not unpleasant. Stay calm when with him if you can but its absolutely fine to have a vent on here. One other thing is that I deal with tricky people mostly quite well having done this on a daily basis for years with my dad (alcoholic schizophrenic...but actually just very difficult most of the time)
Hang on in there :hug: