• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Omg!! There ARE others like me!!

I

ihearvoices

An entire website....a forum....I am beyond words right now how to describe how I feel finding an entire group of people just like me!
Really you all really hear voices too??? I haven't been able to talk to hardly anyone about this...keeping it to myself for soooo many years...but this year it has been a daily part of my life where-as before it was occasional.
I hear voices.....lots of voices sometimes..music...glorious music...and static sometimes...sometimes it sounds like a newscaster or sportscaster...it sounds muffled..I cannot make out the words yet...working on that....I hear the most wonderful music....songs I have never heard before...that is my most favorite part of this.....the muffled voices and static are not near as much fun as the music.
One night recently the voices were many and were so loud they woke me out of a deep sleep. My hubby thinks I am nuts....I think he thinks I am nuts anyway but anyway he doesn't understand.
I hear the voices most when I am getting relaxed and tired and close to bedtime...the music lulls me to sleep. Such awesome music too...so instrumental and well it is just great...music that I have never ever heard before...if I was a musician I could make a killing on these songs I hear. I hear the melody and the instruments clearly but any voices I hear are scant...I can hear the voices just not the words. Again sometimes there are several voices at once...nothing is ever mean or derogitory....just voices and if anything it is all positive for me. I can't wait to start reading about everyones experiences here!!

I want to know what these voices are saying....???
I have a lot to read here but I just wanted to thank the heavens that I found a place like this!!! Woohoo you gotta just love the internet for finding something like this.
How many are we???? Anyone out here also hear music like I do???
And again this is a daily occurrence for me..sometimes more then daily....I hear them during the day sometimes too....just more-so at night.
Tickled pink to find this place!!!

parker

parker

Anyone out here also hear music like I do???
Welcome aboard:)

Yep i've heard the music, beautiful stuff. Definately stuff not of this world.

Anyway for me the music didn't last to long before the voices came.:(

parker

T

terri

An entire website....a forum....I am beyond words right now how to describe how I feel finding an entire group of people just like me!
Really you all really hear voices too??? I haven't been able to talk to hardly anyone about this...keeping it to myself for soooo many years...but this year it has been a daily part of my life where-as before it was occasional.
I hear voices.....lots of voices sometimes..music...glorious music...and static sometimes...sometimes it sounds like a newscaster or sportscaster...it sounds muffled..I cannot make out the words yet...working on that....I hear the most wonderful music....songs I have never heard before...that is my most favorite part of this.....the muffled voices and static are not near as much fun as the music.
One night recently the voices were many and were so loud they woke me out of a deep sleep. My hubby thinks I am nuts....I think he thinks I am nuts anyway but anyway he doesn't understand.
I hear the voices most when I am getting relaxed and tired and close to bedtime...the music lulls me to sleep. Such awesome music too...so instrumental and well it is just great...music that I have never ever heard before...if I was a musician I could make a killing on these songs I hear. I hear the melody and the instruments clearly but any voices I hear are scant...I can hear the voices just not the words. Again sometimes there are several voices at once...nothing is ever mean or derogitory....just voices and if anything it is all positive for me. I can't wait to start reading about everyones experiences here!!

I want to know what these voices are saying....???
I have a lot to read here but I just wanted to thank the heavens that I found a place like this!!! Woohoo you gotta just love the internet for finding something like this.
How many are we???? Anyone out here also hear music like I do???
And again this is a daily occurrence for me..sometimes more then daily....I hear them during the day sometimes too....just more-so at night.
Tickled pink to find this place!!!
not all honey and sweet voices, i hear voices, though so glad you have found it, are happy and so tickled pink.

C

calfellows

OMG,
Welcome aboard. According to polls taken on other voice groups: Half of us believe it's spiritual and half otherwise. The spiritual half is also split between good or evil spirits; whereas the pagan/wiccans believe them to be elders/ancestors/spirit guides and the other half believe them to be trespassing, criminal.
Cal

C

calfellows

PS: Yes, I've heard music, radio and television. Perfectly logical explanation is that ASTRAL PROJECTION (out-of-body travel) is involved, bi-locating, either us as subconscious or conscious invaders...
Cal

P

Psyche

Hello there and welcome! :p Nice to know you're not alone now, isn't it?

Yes I hear music sometimes, too. I'm also an amateur musician. Problem is I almost never remember how it goes afterwards. :( Also it's mostly beautiful orchestral stuff which I lack the musical skill to write down. Even if I did, I doubt I could keep it in my head long enough. :rolleyes: I'd end up concentraing on one part and lose the rest in the process and by then it would all be gone! :eek: So I just have to enjoy it when it comes. And seeing as music is one of my main hobbies, I really do enjoy it. (Listening to "Thirty Whacks" by The Dresden Dolls as I type this. Lovely song.)

It often happens while I'm falling asleep, too. And not always actual music but sometimes just musical instruments, like low piano keys or the snapping of guitar strings.

T

terri

OMG,
Welcome aboard. According to polls taken on other voice groups: Half of us believe it's spiritual and half otherwise. The spiritual half is also split between good or evil spirits; whereas the pagan/wiccans believe them to be elders/ancestors/spirit guides and the other half believe them to be trespassing, criminal.
Cal
I don't believe anything other than bother all.

Terries no longer

T

terri

Hello there and welcome! :p Nice to know you're not alone now, isn't it?

Yes I hear music sometimes, too. I'm also an amateur musician. Problem is I almost never remember how it goes afterwards. :( Also it's mostly beautiful orchestral stuff which I lack the musical skill to write down. Even if I did, I doubt I could keep it in my head long enough. :rolleyes: I'd end up concentraing on one part and lose the rest in the process and by then it would all be gone! :eek: So I just have to enjoy it when it comes. And seeing as music is one of my main hobbies, I really do enjoy it. (Listening to "Thirty Whacks" by The Dresden Dolls as I type this. Lovely song.)

It often happens while I'm falling asleep, too. And not always actual music but sometimes just musical instruments, like low piano keys or the snapping of guitar strings.
How special you are. It's totally true den, and you know it, they are being watched, and not all the while.

We are through

Cherry

I

ihearvoices

Hi everyone..:)
First off to whoever replied on me being from the UK with terminology like "tickled pink" ...this is false...I am from the US. I am NOT tickled pink over hearing voices...I am however tickled pink to FIND others like me.
Looks like a bit of a diverse group here as I have been reading lots of different beliefs on both the spiritual & the non spiritual.
I am of the Wiccan belief for the most part and am thinking more along the lines that these voices are spirit guides or angels that are here to help me. Hoping I can find a way to tune into them better through this website and possible understand more of what is happening to me.
I am not super religious but I do find the biblical and the spiritual posts very interesting.
I do not hate what is happening to me...I am coming to accept it (as I have had voices most of my life...since I was a child) and I feel no evil in this phenomenon what-so-ever. The actual voice part of it can be annoying as I cannot make out words...but I don't feel any evil attached.
Could someone point me to where I could find the Wiccan posts?

I

ihearvoices

Oh and thank you all for the warm welcome!!! :)
I hope to be able to learn and to possibly add to discussions here.
thanks again :)
Sherri

I

ihearvoices

Thanks Cal...but I want to check things out here for a while..this is the first place I have found that there are others who hear these voices....I will keep the other groups in mind and will visit them too.
I still find the biblical and religious part of this fascinating and feel like I am learning quite a bit just from reading. I was never into the bible much...I did not grow up that way...so enjoying all the information that I am reading.
The reason I am so estatic about finding this group is that I have lived alone with this all of my life. I never knew there were groups out here of others who also hear voices and music. I am finally able to give myself peace somewhat by just knowing I am not nuts..that this does happen to other people!
I am a solitary so I haven't talked to too many other wiccans on this subject. Thanks so much for the sites...I will see what they have there too!!
As far as my firm beliefs go on this pheonomena...I am not grounded yet on what it is definitely for sure. I am open right now to other opinions and beliefs. I am hoping that it is something good and something spiritual.
Thanks again

I

ihearvoices

Hi Terri,
Are these the words from the voices that you hear? I love how you write everything out...interesting!