Olympics 2012

Pixie37

Pixie37

I've been having a nose at the Olympics official website:

http://www.london2012.com/

I really want to go to it. Anyone else? They are still looking for volunteers. I'd do this if i lived closer to london. Tickets are out soon.
Note to mods (Please delete anything deemed as advertising, not meaning to do that!)

dib4uk

dib4uk

I joined the site signed up for updates and everything, really want to go but i feel that the tickets are going to be expensive beyond my reach... so i probably just watch it on tv for free lol x

coffee

coffee

I would love to go too - I want to go see the equestrian sports, but I imagine it will be stupidly expensive.

ETA - just found some ticket price info - some of the dressage and jumping tickets are only £20! Bet they are rubbish tickets and will go really quick - but I might just be able to afford that!

Pixie37

Pixie37

Yeah adult price starts at £20. I'd love to see the swimming and diving. But i will be watching it on tv too from start to finish :)

amathus

amathus

Although I would like to experience the atmosphere at first hand, I would probably
get a better seat if I watched it at home!

qf.

Pixie37

Pixie37

Tickets for the Olympics are now on sale. Events are being held all over the UK. The cheapest accomodation will be camping and to get to any event its recommended you go by train or bus as roads will be chaos! So jump in if you wanna go :)

dib4uk

dib4uk

Im in two minds really, watch it in the comfort of my own place. Or with the waiting in line, waiting in traffic to go to see an event...Nail biting wait to see if i get a ticket..

Hmmmm, i dont know. :unsure:

coffee

coffee

The equestrian stuff is being held really near my Nan so it would be perfect for free accommodation. However I have decided not to register for tickets. My anxiety has been so up and down recently and although its a long way in the future I can't guarantee that I would get there OK or that I would cope with the crowds, therefore I think I will stick to watching it on TV.

P

poohbear71

Seems like so long ago now, well it is I went to commonwealth games in Edinburgh in 1986, it was good fun, especially at smaller venues such as swimming, there is a great atmosphere, I am not interested when it is on the TV. I won't be going to the Olympics, to difficult and expensive, but I would say to anyone who thinks they might like to go and can afford it go for it. p.s bowls was boring!!!

Pixie37

Pixie37

Go for it dib. Its a once in a lifetime opporunity. I hope you get a ticket and go by train :) I'm going to have a good look for Scottish events and try to get ticket tomorrow.

coffee

coffee

No I decided not to try. Although I would have loved to see the equestrian stuff there is no way I can be sure I will still be functioning semi normally at that point.

Pixie37

Pixie37

yeah apparantly it's been a nightmare for those who have tried to get them. I will be watching it all on tv. I actually would have loved to have been a volunteer there but knew applications would be in the thousands.