• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Olla, I'm a neewbie so be gentle

C

CaptainSpocksSock

Hi,

Bit new to all this talking about my issues and such, through out my life I've always been a bit of a emotional retard, not really understanding why no one quite got what I was going through or understanding the struggle of just the simple things and daily life, I learned over time to become a chameleon and just blend, but I ended up losing who I was in the process, ending in a colossal breakdown in 2019.

I have always been Bi-Polar, but choose to self medicate with various narcotics and alcohol, with coke and rum being my preferred comfort pillow.

I've lost my family, my home, my job and my friends all because I could not face dealing with anything, I ended up in psych ward a few months ago and Im slowly getting the help I need (its not easy getting the help when your 40, but I guess its across the board)

2 months ago I was finally officially diagnosed with Bi-Polar, PTSD and Asperger's and currently on 300mg of quetiapine with 20mg citalopram a day, and slowly I'm starting to see some positive results, I mean I even showered today haha!!

I struggle with feeling alone with all this, so I thought I would try and make some more positive moves and join something where I can try and talk about my feelings a bit more and try and understand it all (if you can that is?).

So its a Hello from me and hope I can offer some help to other people too, as I guess you can only truly understand something if you have also walked in the dark shoes that is mental health.

Rgds,

M

Marmalade

Marmalade

Hi mate. I can relate to a lot of that. I had MH conditions for years, until I finally got the correct diagnosis of Asperger's and ADHD in 2015. I'm on 20mg of Citalopram - which does practically nothing, because ADs aren't designed for a neurodiverse mental template, but it does make me feel 'happy'. I'm awaiting titration of medication for ADHD and am being put on lisdexamfetamine. I'm hoping this will help me with my severe concentration/attention issues.

Welcome to the tribe.;) Live long and prosper! 🖖

Vandal_Moon

Vandal_Moon

Bipolar can cause exaggerated feelings that also change quickly. So this can cause confusion, and also make harder to be productive and rational in the society

Marmalade

Marmalade

PS I'm 62, also live in south-east Kent, and I've been through some of those traumas you talk about. All I'd say is... try hard to think about your life in positives. You aren't a 'retard', or 'disordered', or even necessarily 'disabled'. I see so many of those things as social constructions. We're categorised as we are because we aren't like the 'majority'. But that doesn't mean we're 'less than.' We have huge amounts to offer to the human race, and huge insights. The world would be a far worse place without us ;)

L

Lewis21

Hi,

Bit new to all this talking about my issues and such, through out my life I've always been a bit of a emotional retard, not really understanding why no one quite got what I was going through or understanding the struggle of just the simple things and daily life, I learned over time to become a chameleon and just blend, but I ended up losing who I was in the process, ending in a colossal breakdown in 2019.

I have always been Bi-Polar, but choose to self medicate with various narcotics and alcohol, with coke and rum being my preferred comfort pillow.

I've lost my family, my home, my job and my friends all because I could not face dealing with anything, I ended up in psych ward a few months ago and Im slowly getting the help I need (its not easy getting the help when your 40, but I guess its across the board)

2 months ago I was finally officially diagnosed with Bi-Polar, PTSD and Asperger's and currently on 300mg of quetiapine with 20mg citalopram a day, and slowly I'm starting to see some positive results, I mean I even showered today haha!!

I struggle with feeling alone with all this, so I thought I would try and make some more positive moves and join something where I can try and talk about my feelings a bit more and try and understand it all (if you can that is?).

So its a Hello from me and hope I can offer some help to other people too, as I guess you can only truly understand something if you have also walked in the dark shoes that is mental health.

Rgds,

M
Hi and welcome x

C

CaptainSpocksSock

Hi mate. I can relate to a lot of that. I had MH conditions for years, until I finally got the correct diagnosis of Asperger's and ADHD in 2015. I'm on 20mg of Citalopram - which does practically nothing, because ADs aren't designed for a neurodiverse mental template, but it does make me feel 'happy'. I'm awaiting titration of medication for ADHD and am being put on lisdexamfetamine. I'm hoping this will help me with my severe concentration/attention issues.

Welcome to the tribe.;) Live long and prosper! 🖖
Thank you :D, I'm still all at sea with this all, for me the quetiapine has helped the most as now Im sleeping (insomnia is the minds devil) and my mind does not seem to be as cluttered at the moment....

Marmalade

Marmalade

Thank you :D, I'm still all at sea with this all, for me the quetiapine has helped the most as now Im sleeping (insomnia is the minds devil) and my mind does not seem to be as cluttered at the moment....
It's a long process... but you've done the best thing by joining somewhere where people know the place you're coming from.