Old Bicycles wanted

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
Hi everyone just a quickie. I am now tutoring at a company called Care First bicycle maintenance along with life skills. I am asking for old bicycle donations so my students who have either mental health problems or learning difficulties can work on the donated bikes. This is a very good cause so if you or anyone you know has an old bike you don't use anymore please message me on here so I can get in touch with you.

Thanks

Dave

S

syllogism

Hi Dave,
I have 4 old bicycles that you could have - all the parts are there but they haven't been used for 10 or 12 years. Where are you located?

Mike

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
Hi Mike we are based in Great Barr you anywhere near to there?

Regards

Dave

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
used to be blind people and bicycle repair remember this women from the institute of the blind and her braille bicycle repair manual, now seems to be the mentally ill, guess makes a change from gardening

The Big Dawg

The Big Dawg

Hi Dave I was just wondering how it was going with fixing up old bikes? I live in London and I used to collect bits from old bikes such as frames and various parts I used to find in skips and stuff but I then found that I had to buy parts like new chains and gear/brake cables to make them good? The main thing was the wheels like you could find wheels but the bearings would be shot and riding a bike with not so good wheels can be hard work especially when it comes to going up those hills you need good bearings for that :) I turned out a few good bikes tho. I've not done that in such a long time now I have 2 bikes now that have been sitting on my balcony which I'm hoping to sell one of them once I've worked on it and the other I could never part with as it was a stunt bike that I had customized but its in good need of a new bottom bracket and a set of decent wheels. Its all about the bearings in my experience. Hope your project is going well I'd like to hear how its coming along :)

Hi Mike we are based in Great Barr you anywhere near to there?

Regards

Dave