• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

olanzapine

C

charlie17

has anyone tried this drug i am currently on zopiclone 2 per night but i feel like they are making me more ill im spaced out during the day my head races constantly an i hate the hangover affect of them my aniexty is sky high i wont leave the house. i dont know wether to cut the zopic and add the olanzapine any advice....

S

smith

Olanzapine is used for treating schizophrenia and acute mixed, or manic episodes associated with bipolar disorder. It also is used as maintenance therapy for bipolar disorder and treating agitation due to schizophrenia or bipolar disorder. Olanzapine also is used in combination with fluoxetine (Prozac) for treatment of resistant depression and treatment of depression associated with bipolar disorder.
SIDE EFFECTS: Dizziness, stomach pain, dry mouth, constipation, weight gain, drowsiness may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, notify your doctor or pharmacist promptly. To minimize dizziness or fainting, stand up slowly when arising from a seated or lying position; especially when you first start using this medication. Tell your doctor immediately if any of these serious side effects occur: fast heartbeat, ankle/leg swelling, agitation, confusion, restlessness, weakness, difficulty speaking, numbness or tingling of hands or feet, trouble walking (abnormal gait), painful menstrual periods, pink urine, tremor.

A

Affective

has anyone tried this drug i am currently on zopiclone 2 per night but i feel like they are making me more ill im spaced out during the day my head races constantly an i hate the hangover affect of them my aniexty is sky high i wont leave the house. i dont know wether to cut the zopic and add the olanzapine any advice....
Olanzapine didn't help with my depression at all. However it is very effective when combined with an antidepressant.

Olanzapine is a VERY powerful drug and can cause some serious side effects. The rarest and most dangerous are: diabetes, diabetic coma and death.

J

jekel1

hi

iam on 20mgs of olanzapine a night and be aware that you wont be getting out of bed before 11am as it knocks you out! it hasnt helped with the depresstion but has reduced the manias.

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
I was on it mixed in a cocktail of drugs and my weight shot up. My pdoc admitted it was his fault due to the olanzapine. Didn't notice any effect on my depression whilst I was on it.

bluenomore

bluenomore

I took Olanzapine for just 4/5 months and I hated it. It made me put on weight and feel like a complete zombie!

DISCLAIMER: However, we are all different and it might be just right for you, so please don't let mine or any other people's comments put you off. If your Doc says to try it than give it a go - the worse that can happen is that you don't like it and try something else.

take care :)