• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

olanzapine

C

charlie17

pysch now putting me on 2mg of olanza?? how tired does it make you feel is it worth me taking my sleeping tablets with??

shaky

shaky

Of course it's different for everyone.
I started with 5mg of Olanzapine and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow for about 12 hours, so you probably won't need sleeping tablets on top of it. Although your body gets used to it pretty quickly and I guess 2mg won't have much of an effect (I ended up on 15mg and found myself having a sleep each day, but nighttime sleeps were just normal).

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Yeah it's different for everyone.My 15mg doesn't make me at all drowsy.
My 666th post!Creepy!

C

carukia

pysch now putting me on 2mg of olanza?? how tired does it make you feel is it worth me taking my sleeping tablets with??
Hi,

I was taking 5mg a few years ago and they never failed to knock me right out. From personal experience I wouldn't take sleeping pills as well. Have you asked your doctor about that? :)

-c

C

charlie17

hi

thanks for that as now i am overtired like hell taking sleeping tabs and 2mg and i am out within a hour?? i might ask my pysch if i can reduce my sleepers as my body is asleep all day. might take 4mg?? no appetite as yet?? apart from when i watch cooking programmes?? i overcoming a operation as well and i feel like i am being knocked for 6?? will it work every night like that?? i am very sesitive to drugs.

A

Anastassia Florine

I was on 15, 10, 5, 15, then 10 mg of Zyprexa last year. A life on Zyprexa consists of sleeping 14 to 16 hours and eating, eating, eating all day long. Everything in the fridge, everything in the pantry, everything in the cupboards, and actually picking out food in the grocery store with my boyfriend (whom I was living off of) when previously I had had a SERIOUS problem asking him for anything, even things I NEEDED for my health... like my medication, for instance. But that's another story.