• Welcome! If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Olanzapine

B

Borderline

I've found moderate success with Olanzapine. When I first took it, I had an almost miraculous recovery from my last bout of major depression. It was like someone turned on a light switch and the whole world brightened up. I saw the world through a clear set of eyes.

This euphoria lasted for about two weeks, then my mood came down a notch. Still great, but not quite as euphoric. This 'lesser state' lasted for a few more weeks, then I came down another notch.

Now I'm sort of on the edge of being depressed, and not being depressed. The world seems grayer, I don't really find pleasure in anything. But, I'm not really suicidal -- even though sometimes I wish I was dead.

I have to give Olanzapine credit for pulling me out of my suicidal fit. I wish the euphoria would have been permanent, but at least I experienced a few weeks of happiness. It was nice.

B

Borderline

olan: Your reply showed up in my email, but for some reason its not appearing in this thread.

To answer your question, Olanzapine is a pill. Unfortunately it's quite expensive. I had to get a special requisition from my psychiatrist to have it covered under my plan.