• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Olanzapine

B

Borderline

I've found moderate success with Olanzapine. When I first took it, I had an almost miraculous recovery from my last bout of major depression. It was like someone turned on a light switch and the whole world brightened up. I saw the world through a clear set of eyes.

This euphoria lasted for about two weeks, then my mood came down a notch. Still great, but not quite as euphoric. This 'lesser state' lasted for a few more weeks, then I came down another notch.

Now I'm sort of on the edge of being depressed, and not being depressed. The world seems grayer, I don't really find pleasure in anything. But, I'm not really suicidal -- even though sometimes I wish I was dead.

I have to give Olanzapine credit for pulling me out of my suicidal fit. I wish the euphoria would have been permanent, but at least I experienced a few weeks of happiness. It was nice.

B

Borderline

olan: Your reply showed up in my email, but for some reason its not appearing in this thread.

To answer your question, Olanzapine is a pill. Unfortunately it's quite expensive. I had to get a special requisition from my psychiatrist to have it covered under my plan.