• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Olanzapine forced

Takingmybrain

Takingmybrain

Todays been scary.

Ive feel like im ended up having to agree to take olanazapine for atleast next 3 days. The psychatrist is/has sent the crisis team to hive me a dose of olanazapine at 7pm evey night for tonight ( already had take) and next 2 nights.
I do not want this, i dont need this medicine for no reason. I just want a sleeping tablet and them to actually listen andjust remove the man in the wall and stop evetyone beimg against me then all issues like not sleeping or lack apitite can be solved quick and simple. They are the creator and controller these voices yet they pretend not and try medicate me and make me look odd. But i feel right now im forced into taking it because they were going to force their way to my home.

EdEd

EdEd

The drug they're prescribing you is good in the situation.. should help resolve issues hopefully.. and I hope to see you make a full recovery.

mischief

mischief

Admin
I totally get you not wanting it.

Their argument will be that they can't remove the people you're asking them to because they don't experience them themselves. They can't see them and they don't know about them, apart from what you tell them.

They will consider that you are experiencing these issues and voices because of your mental health issues and thus they believe the medication will help you.

For many people, it will help.

It might help you.

There are also alternative ways that you can get help.

This web page may help you work out what would work best for you:

Perhaps you can use this time that you are working with the mental health services to your advantage. Perhaps you could develop a system of support around you which works for you, in a way you choose.

While I know it can be incredibly stressful, my suggestion would be to try and work in partnership with the Community Mental Health Team at this stage rather than being sectioned, as then you can remain in control, and you can use the resources you can access through them to set up a long term support system which works for you. Personal Health Budgets might be an option.

G

goodgollymiss

I'm on 5 mg olanzapine. You might want to avoid sugar and eat more fruit veggi smoothies. Remember to brush your teeth after your meals because its easier to get cavities with olanzapine. Could you ask them for a nutritionist. I hope that you will be great. I was able to come off olanzapine when better but I relapsed. Avoid saturated fats because olanzapine can give high cholesterol. I'm so sorry that you are going through this. I hope that you find someone who can lower your does when you get better

N

natalie

I had to switch, from the notorius onlanzapine, owiong to weight gain, and sleeping all day long, so to speak, until 11 or 12pm.

For many many years, i ha ve been taking Abilify and at a certain level, I am kept mostly very well.

In terms of your issues, please follow the doctor's or p docs doctors orders, keep taking your med daily, and don't stop. iT's vital, for mental health causes, that you take your meds as required by the p docs, to helpyou get better - oh and another pointer, please do corresond to the mental health team, more you do listen to them, the more they'll help you out.

Best regards all.

K

keith74

As others have mentioned, please give the Olanzapine a chance. My wife also resisted taking Olanzapine initially (thinking she didn't need it) but it ended up helping her get better over time.

K

karl7

Todays been scary.

Ive feel like im ended up having to agree to take olanazapine for atleast next 3 days. The psychatrist is/has sent the crisis team to hive me a dose of olanazapine at 7pm evey night for tonight ( already had take) and next 2 nights.
I do not want this, i dont need this medicine for no reason. I just want a sleeping tablet and them to actually listen andjust remove the man in the wall and stop evetyone beimg against me then all issues like not sleeping or lack apitite can be solved quick and simple. They are the creator and controller these voices yet they pretend not and try medicate me and make me look odd. But i feel right now im forced into taking it because they were going to force their way to my home.
i used to resist taking meds like yourself but looking back i should have taken them earlier

Takingmybrain

Takingmybrain

I dont take olanzapine or seroquel any more im taking chlorpromazine again which i much preffer and will take.

N

natalie

Hi Taking My Brain,

I'm so pleased to hear, that you have received preferred medication again, and that you promise us faithfully you will take.

Best regards ,

Natalie.

R

Rabbit777

I’m taking olanzapine and it has helped to not hear voices. It has been 3 years hearing them. This medication has helped me so far. I have gained weight on it which is disparaging but it has helped. Don’t want the voices to return.