olanzapine anyone have experience with this med?

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

hey peeps so saw the home treatment doctor today and hes going to reduce my quitiapine and give me olanzapine 10mg,
so was just wondering what sort of things to expect? and what sort of experiences youve had with it?

Last edited:
NWiddi

NWiddi

I was on 20mg of Olanzapine for 2 years. The only side effects I had was sleeping 9-10 hours a day and I had a huge appetite so I went from 10st to 16st.

I switched to 30mg Aripiprazole about 9 weeks ago and already I'm sleeping a little less (7-8 hours) and I lost a stone so down to 15st, the Aripiprazole works a little better than the Olanzapine as I have weaker facial twitches than on Olanzapine yet still have them mostly the corners of my mouth and my eye lids which I attribute to the voice I still hear and its connection to my body.

My voice is still down to 95% of its non-medicated volume so no change there and he still talks all day long begging me to talk to him and come off the meds.

N

natalie

I was on Onlanzapine also, and I was feeling like a zombie, along with sleeping at night, was heavily sedated feeling by day.

I have to also sympathise and agree, very much annoyingly a weight gaining med.

fazza

fazza

I was on olanzapine and my weight rocketed. Not as bad as it did on clozapine.

I found it to be not very affective but that does not mean it won't work for you as everybody bis different.

For example. Aripiprazole made me incredibly anxious at low doses.

Quitiapine made me suicidal and very ill

Haloperidol just made me sleep

Amusulpride was a total waste of time

Chlorpromazine was fantastic the best of them all but turned me in to an ironing board.

Clozapine was good but wiped out my white blood cells.

I am now on latuda.(lurasidone) to early to rate this drug yet but it does seem to be working.

It may take months or even years to find the right drug for you or you maybe lucky and find olanzapine works for you.

My only advice with olanzapine is watch what you eat. Hide the biscuit tin. You may crave carbs.

All the best.
Andy

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

I was on 20mg of Olanzapine for 2 years. The only side effects I had was sleeping 9-10 hours a day and I had a huge appetite so I went from 10st to 16st.

I switched to 30mg Aripiprazole about 9 weeks ago and already I'm sleeping a little less (7-8 hours) and I lost a stone so down to 15st, the Aripiprazole works a little better than the Olanzapine as I have weaker facial twitches than on Olanzapine yet still have them mostly the corners of my mouth and my eye lids which I attribute to the voice I still hear and its connection to my body.

My voice is still down to 95% of its non-medicated volume so no change there and he still talks all day long begging me to talk to him and come off the meds.
six stones, thats a lot of weight, the weight gain worries me

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

I was on Onlanzapine also, and I was feeling like a zombie, along with sleeping at night, was heavily sedated feeling by day.

I have to also sympathise and agree, very much annoyingly a weight gaining med.
yea from what ive read weight gain seems to be one of the side effects

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

I was on olanzapine and my weight rocketed. Not as bad as it did on clozapine.

I found it to be not very affective but that does not mean it won't work for you as everybody bis different.

For example. Aripiprazole made me incredibly anxious at low doses.

Quitiapine made me suicidal and very ill

Haloperidol just made me sleep

Amusulpride was a total waste of time

Chlorpromazine was fantastic the best of them all but turned me in to an ironing board.

Clozapine was good but wiped out my white blood cells.

I am now on latuda.(lurasidone) to early to rate this drug yet but it does seem to be working.

It may take months or even years to find the right drug for you or you maybe lucky and find olanzapine works for you.

My only advice with olanzapine is watch what you eat. Hide the biscuit tin. You may crave carbs.

All the best.
Andy
thanks for the reply

yea i hope it works for me and for the voices i get,
the voices i get are devils

R

Rumbler666

Hi peeps, I've tried alot of antisycotics which most I've gained weight. Olazapine 30mg put me from 15st to 18 which made me have Evan more negative voices so found it wasn't right meds for me I'm recently on aripiprazole depot as it's been a good few months without a episode I hope this carry's on good luck to all you guys.

charlesschizophrenia

charlesschizophrenia

ACCOUNT CLOSED
hi ive been on olanzapine for over 2 years it works really well its probably the best one ive been on only side effects I really get are nightmares and feeling sedated in the morning but yeah its a gd med (y)